So I found this site for making bottleneck slides (which sounds pretty cool btw) and decided to poke around and noticed this schematic.

It's pretty much perfect for a super simple headphone amp.

Basic question. Could I simply replace the 10 ohm resistor with a 10 ohm Pot? for volume control.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
that's somewhat a ruby without the input buffer. i'd recommend putting the buffer in there.

the 10ohm resistor isn't a volume control, and i don't really think it'd act like it... search for "Ruby Amp" at www.runoffgroove.com and there should be another cool schematic there.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ i originally wanted to build that but the parts required were to rare for me to obtain (The only electronic supply store i have access to is a rundown little Circuit City that has like a 2 foot x 2 foot wall of electronic components)

So what's the simplest way to add a volume control? If it's not worth it.. it doens't matter i could just use my guitar volume.

EDIT

Also if i were to replace the speaker with an earphone jack and plugged in earphones or computer speakers would it kill anything?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Last edited by seek_&_destroy at Feb 1, 2008,
If you can get the materials for that amp schematic, you can get the materials to make a ruby or little gem (I actually built a little gem today, but it doesn't seem to function yet ).

Put a log taper pot after the 220uF electrolytic and use that as a volume control.
^runoffgroove suggest a rhetostat for that...

isn't it like a monster pot?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It operates the same as a pot pretty much but I think it just operates off of wrapped wire as a resistive material. The one I bought at radio shack was about the size of a full size pot.

And I'm angry because I've recently built a big muff replica and the little gem and both of em don't get any signal. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but many hours of troubleshooting simple stuff has gotten me nowhere.
^switch/jack/other offboard is where i mess up the most.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard