Page 1 of 2
I totally just figured something out, and I wanna know if I am right. The treble pickup is the bridge, correct? Because I always thought it was the neck. I think that I am the biggest ****ing tool for not knowing that...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
really, its not a treble pickup. Its just a pickup with a higher output and a bit of a brighter tone because of it.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
really, its not a treble pickup. Its just a pickup with a higher output and a bit of a brighter tone because of it.

It's a bit brighter not because of the output, but because of it's location on the guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

auctually, its called the
"Treble" pickup on an LP pickup switch.
And it is very trebly, and harsh to my ears...i stay away from bridge pickups for the most part.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I should just know what the pickups do on a 3K guitar. That is just why I feel so dumb...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I should just know what the pickups do on a 3K guitar. That is just why I feel so dumb...

lulz.
It doesnt matter. You dont have to know a damn thing about a guitar to enjoy it.
Hell, until like 3 months after i got my first electric, i had no idea what the "switch thingy" did. All i knew is that all the way down it sounded cool, and that on the 1,3,5 switches it buzzed really loud.
Lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I didn't know what the trem bar was for 'til my cousin teached me, one year later...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I didn't know what the trem bar was for 'til my cousin teached me, one year later...

haha, i knew what a "whammy bar" was, but i didnt know what it did, or how to use it.
One day i went over to a friends house and just like swung it around a little and expected it to do something. Then he showed me how to use it, and i was like, COOL!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Hahahahahaha Yor So Dum Hahaahaha
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
Quote by LikidySplitz
Hahahahahaha Yor So Dum Hahaahaha

Troll much?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Troll much?

Totally. Thanks for not making me feel like a dumbass. It was just like I had a moment. I just can't believe that this had never even occurred to me...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Totally. Thanks for not making me feel like a dumbass. It was just like I had a moment. I just can't believe that this had never even occurred to me...

lol, to figure out which pickup went to what on the pickup switch, i switched to a position, and then hit the pickups with a screw driver, and the ones that were turned on made a noise, lol.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I totally just figured something out, and I wanna know if I am right. The treble pickup is the bridge, correct? Because I always thought it was the neck. I think that I am was the biggest ****ing tool for not knowing that...
*fixed*

... congratulations on your forward progress.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*fixed*

... congratulations on your forward progress.

Thanks. I just hate being wrong on stuff...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Was I the only one that expected the first sentence to be

"I just bought a Marshall MG"

(BTW Yes I know I have a Spider, it was my first amp, getting rid of it VERY soon)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Was I the only one that expected the first sentence to be

"I just bought a Marshall MG"

(BTW Yes I know I have a Spider, it was my first amp, getting rid of it VERY soon)

I don't think that I could fail like that...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
The way it's made is diff from the neck pickup, which causes brighter tone, which means more treble, which means bridge pickup, which means whatever.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
haha.. you.. haha
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Thanks. I just hate being wrong on stuff...
Well sure, everybody does. And we're all been wrong at some time.

It's a good sign that you can laugh about it now.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
To be honest, let me compliment the noobness in this thread.

I think this is what a tremolo is for, but Ive never been sure.

A tremolo is to keep your guitar in tune when you use a whammy right?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
No. A tremolo is the things below the strings, which makes the sound of the guitar. A pickup is some kind of car I think. The tuners are found below the bridge. Yay for nubness!!!
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by kool98769
haha, i knew what a "whammy bar" was, but i didnt know what it did, or how to use it.
One day i went over to a friends house and just like swung it around a little and expected it to do something. Then he showed me how to use it, and i was like, COOL!

LMAO thats exactly what I used to do to it... twirl it

My wife still laughs about it
Haha I thought the same as you until I saw this thread. I assumed, rhythm=beefy=bridge. Now I feel stupid lol.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Now I feel stupid

Don't feel stupid just because you didn't know.

If you just don't know, that's ignorance, nothing really wrong with ignorance.

Refusing to find out or being handed the facts and refusing to accept them, now that's stupidity. Plenty wrong with that...

Maybe you could feel stupid because you didn't go find out, yeah that's stupid, but not because you simply didn't know.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Don't feel stupid just because you didn't know.

If you just don't know, that's ignorance, nothing really wrong with ignorance.

Refusing to find out or being handed the facts and refusing to accept them, now that's stupidity. Plenty wrong with that...

Maybe you could feel stupid because you didn't go find out, yeah that's stupid, but not because you simply didn't know.

Touche. I'd assumed and then never really been told different or looked because I thought I was right. Obviously I was not. Oh well, gotta learn somehow.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
haha

IMO the things a guitarist should know about their guitar:
- What switch position selects which pickups
- how to adjust the truss rod
- How to adjust the intonation
- how to adjust the pickup height
- how to change strings
- how to clean the care for the guitar.

I was shocked when I heard the worker at the local music store tell me guitar players bring their guitars in to have the strings changed, and pay for it too.....
Its simple once you are shown how to do it, I just can't see why anyone who plays a guitar would not know how to change the strings on it.

Enough chit-chat...

As for naming pickups I always call them the bridge, middle, and neck....I just find it easy that way.
Quote by splat102
The way it's made is diff from the neck pickup, which causes brighter tone, which means more treble, which means bridge pickup, which means whatever.

Nope.

Due to the locaton of the pickup, it recieves a higher harmonic to fundamental ratio. As the harmonics are by nature higher than the fundamental, the notes sound brighter. Pickups simply make the bridge pickup hotter (normally), which helps empasise this.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Regarding string change, it's not a simple job to change strings on a FR guitar. ;-)

yea I can agree with that but I saw a ton of basic guitars in this guys shop waiting to get new strings along with a few other adjustments.
Quote by killsPEACHES
Ignorance does not make you a "tool". But yeah, you're right.

Wasn't really ignorance...
Is this thread a joke? I mean seriously. People on here have expensive guitars and don't know what the pickups do or the "Whammy" bar? I am not buying it. It has to be a joke.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
The treble pickup is the bridge, correct?

for the best part of the first year of playing, i thought the treble was at the neck
it seems to make more sense from an ignorant quick look, especially in teles - the bridge pickup just looks a bit meaner than the neck.
dont worry, your not alone haha
We all learn dumb stuff at dumb times.
And we all look dumb at some point for not knowing something.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by Untitled001
Goin on his profile I see that he's 15.. So his parents probably bought him all that stuff...

Just don't come find me and kill me please...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by zoomzilla
Is this thread a joke? I mean seriously. People on here have expensive guitars and don't know what the pickups do or the "Whammy" bar? I am not buying it. It has to be a joke.

Expensive? My RG was less than 300 bucks .
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Expensive? My RG was less than 300 bucks .

Well I was not referring to you, I was referring to the OP who has a 3K guitar.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla

Indeedy.
Quote by kool98769
lulz.
It doesnt matter. You dont have to know a damn thing about a guitar to enjoy it.
Hell, until like 3 months after i got my first electric, i had no idea what the "switch thingy" did. All i knew is that all the way down it sounded cool, and that on the 1,3,5 switches it buzzed really loud.
Lol

HAHHAHA!!! That's hilarious, I'm almost to the point of crying.
Ah I know what cheapo single coils can do on their own.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Page 1 of 2