HI!!!!
ive been playin for almost a year now, and I want to upgrade. Currently I am lookin at either buyin a decent guitar, or upgrading the pickups on my current guitar. Right now Ive got an ibanez gax70, and it sounds pretty flat. I was thinkin about putting seymour duncan livewires or invaders in it. That would probably cost around $200.
Or
I could buy a new guitar all together. My top choice atm is the schecter c-1 hellraiser.
Should i wait and get the guitar, or just get the pickups and take the cheap way out?!?!
guitar fetish.com has cheaper pups than that, good enuf too. i would not spend the same amount of money as the guitar in pups.
the gax70 is a real nice guitar, very comfy neck. hardware is cheap and wood is not the best, but a good guitar.
go hellraiser.. i think it's made of mahogany, so even if you put the same pickups in it (it comes stock with emg's, the thought wouldn't cross my mind), it would sound a lot richer, fuller. if it comes to where you can't do anything but buy pickups, i'd say an EMG 81/85 (zakk wylde set, 150 bucks at sam ash) would be your best bet.
my shiz:
dean razorback explosion
agile septor 7 string
all monster/mogami cables

peavey JSX
peavey triple xxx cab

howabout some precision metal, ladies and gentlemen?
www.myspace.com/flawlessamongthefallen
how about buy the tar AND new pickups for that, then give me the stock ones from your new tar

i need some pickups.... wit no moneys
better amplifier might be a good idea, pickups have a very subtle effect on the sound where as amps actually make the sound
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
It really depends what style of music you play, pickups would be better then save for a good amp/rig. If you want metal (metallica, stuff like that), go for a set of EMG 81/60s.
The answer's going to be " new amp"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com