I play metal should I just get another guitar or is it worth just upgrading the pickups? If I should upgrade pickups what should I consider?
If that is the one with the Edge 3, its just better to replace the whole guitar.
If its the hardtail, id just get different pu's
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I do love my guitar sounds nice plays fast and really stays intune way better than I expected. I usually only have to tune after about 1 week of play which is about 10-15 hours of play time.
emg zakk wylde set. good distortion and all that stuff. Really nice pickups. And the rg2ex1 is my favorite guitar. and I own it
Amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
My gear is ok I have a Palomino V8 , Bad Monkey, DS-1, Mxr ten band to go with my RG2EX21. I'm sure you guys dont think its the greastest setup but Ive only been playing for 9 months.
I have the RG2EX2 and I freakin' love it. I replaced the stock pups with an EMG 81/85 set and I'm going through an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60watt DSP & Ashdown Fallen Angel 412 cab.

Sounds great and I didn't dish out much money for an extensive tone upgrade. ( Only 90$ for my pups, 600$ for half-stack )
Quote by SnoopyKojiApple
I have the RG2EX2 and I freakin' love it. I replaced the stock pups with an EMG 81/85 set and I'm going through an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60watt DSP & Ashdown Fallen Angel 412 cab.

Sounds great and I didn't dish out much money for an extensive tone upgrade. ( Only 90$ for my pups, 600$ for half-stack )

see there we go.. Also Nice set up
Mabye I'm just a moron who likes passive pickups, but the stock pickups in the RG2EX1 really arn't that bad. There are more important elements of a rig to work on.
What do you suggest I work on next? Please dont say my amp I just got it and Im happy with it right now.
Dimarzio Breed.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Mabye I'm just a moron who likes passive pickups, but the stock pickups in the RG2EX1 really arn't that bad. There are more important elements of a rig to work on.

Upgrade the bridge. To tremolo. If that's possible. I think you should get a new pedal. for you genre maybe get a metal muff.
Quote by life_777
Upgrade the bridge. To tremolo. If that's possible.

EDIT: TS, there's nothing wrong with your guitar. Pickups will improve the sound, but not massively, so at this point you're probably best off buying a Metal Muff and a wah like you suggested. Do avoid the original Crybaby though, there are far better for the price.
Last edited by Nolly at Feb 2, 2008,