whats up with the new american standard fenders?

are they any different tonewise than the american series fenders?

from whati can tell they just are made a bit differently in terms of paint and hardware

just curious as to why fender is making such a big deal out of it
opinions?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

the nut is alittle wider for better staying in tune. the paint and neck/frets have some finish to make them really stand out and shiny. i know it has other stuff but i dont remember
If I recall correctly, they made the move back to vintage style saddles, larger tremolo blocks, a thinner and more "breathable" finish undercoats, and new neck finishes.

Don't know if that was all though.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Am I the only one who thinks "New Coke" when they think of this? I mean, they could be improving like, 2 things to cover up the fact that they're using crappy wood or something.
theres the new showmasters series
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
I REALLY like the new American Standard strats and teles. The saddles and bridge block are improved for one thing, I don't remember all the upgrades but I played all the new models at GC and each one blew me away. They all felt and sounded better than I could have imagined, and I've never seen better guitars in the same price range.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Last edited by Schneiderman at Feb 8, 2008,
the new american standards like the hss dont come with an s-1 switch anymore, only the deluxe come with it