I just got a new bass, so I've decided I'm gonna pimp the hell out of my old one. I've carved off the frets an it actually worked and sounds amazing. Is there any way I could throw a whammy bar on there to?

Thanks
Yeah its do-able but you've just got to make sure you have the right hardware on it to support a whammy system
"The sounds of the universe were joined together according to musical concord" -Plato

Quote by adamungar1
Don't quote me, but I think it's a requirement to pledge allegiance if you're running for president :S

myspace.com/musicartenergy
AIM: enmusicerartgy
Kahler makes bass trem units too, they are a bit pricey though just like their guitar models. I don't think it will really be worth the effort and money just to add a bass whammy for the heck of it.
Quote by deadspoken
I just got a new bass, so I've decided I'm gonna pimp the hell out of my old one. I've carved off the frets an it actually worked and sounds amazing. Is there any way I could throw a whammy bar on there to?

Thanks

I'd definitely go kahler, it's expensive but there's no routing big holes for a spring cavity, just measuring and drilling a few holes.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
les claypool and victor wooten have the kahler ones i think im gonna put one on the next bass i make idk yet but yeah
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
the one les claypool had was crazy (from the videos ive seen) it ws like a little paddle or something that he pressed on