Page 1 of 2
like it says ive started reading the LeVeyan Satanic Bible it is very intresting its got some good ideas the parts about magic and rituals are kinda weird but i was wondering if anyone here has read it or has any thoughs about it (i would take it to the rweligion thread buuuut there could be some conflict with people of cirtian religious groups)
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
The only thing I've ever really liked about LaVeyan Satanism is his ideals on believing in your self, and not letting many, or all, outside influence affect you. I don't like being stubborn, or neglecting everyone's opinion, but I could honestly care less about what 99% of people think about me.

I don't consider myself a Satanist, and I've never read their bible, but I've read about it all.

I don't affiliate myself with any religion, though, or any deity or faith.

I live, I love, I listen to music. I don't need it. I have my own things to worry about.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The idea of organizing a religion around yourself just seems kind of dumb to me. Just live your life the way you want to.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
"So I started reading the Satanic Bible..."

That's the best conversation starter I've heard in a while.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by SG Man Forever
The idea of organizing a religion around yourself just seems kind of dumb to me. Just live your life the way you want to.

seems to work for alot of people... so, do what you want
I've read it before, everything makes alot of sense, minus the black magic, and the part of believing in only yourself, but honestly there are alot of good pointers there, I take some ideals from it
Quote by SG Man Forever

Taking your advice, they'll organize a religion around themselves.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

+1

I lol'd after reading the title.
Quote by Nick_
But the point is: Music is too mutable, too ambiguous, too unruly to allow itself to be defined by an absolute syntax of terms. Don't bother. Live with it.
best thing ive ever read relating to religion would have to be Huxley's "Heaven and Hell"
makes more sense than the bible at least
m/////////yhan t mkes nio zcnece but in kn
owmim dsoorty thafr how i thhad to be saud\
\\\\AND I wm t you toknwo oo hsoouldbnheoibn thetoem 12-0
I have it, I've skimmed through it.
Some of it makes sense, but really it's just nonsense in my opinion. It is interesting though, no doubt.

Quote by jthm_guitarist

*posts a thread with the same title in a Christian forum*

*waits*
Quote by SG Man Forever

/whole point of LeVeyan Satanic Bible
i like the chapter ware he just totally defiles christianity and it makes soo much sense and he talks about the like cardinal sins of christianity and just totally bashes the **** outta them that is the part that i belive in

And i dont consider myself a satanist
i dont belong to any religion because like fallenangel20 i dont feel the need for it i just thought the satanic bible would be intresting

-Timothy Leary
I don't know whether LeVeyan Satanism would really be classified as a religion, really. More of a philosophy with some dumb black magic crap.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
I don't know whether LeVeyan Satanism would really be classified as a religion, really. More of a philosophy with some dumb black magic crap.

ya the only part of that "bible" that accually resembles a bible is the first chapter and the rest is philosophy but its still intresting if you skip the black magic

-Timothy Leary
Quote by hotdog_warmcat

lol or a maybe a "self help program"
Great ideas and some amazing philosophies. It would be a great book to live by if it didn't waste so much time criticizing Christianity. I'd call Satanism a branch of Christianity.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat

Truthery. LaVey once said Satanism was basically Ayn Rand's philosophy with rituals.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
any1 know if you can find a copy of the satanic bible online??

-Timothy Leary
Quote by RandyVanhalen13
any1 know if you can find a copy of the satanic bible online??

Have you tried the website?
I don't consider myself a Satanist per se, but I agree with a lot of their ideas and beliefs.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by jthm_guitarist

sigged lmao
Join UG's LARGEST GROUP YET!!!
With your help we are ONE step closer to owning a UG RUN MISSILE SILO!

Songwriting & Lyrics -
New Members Forum -
The Pit -
Quote by solitaryshell90
Have you tried the website?

yes at least i think it was the official website

-Timothy Leary
I have always held the belief that if this book were title "Anton Le Veys Guide to Better Living" it would have been a best seller. Maybe even in Oprah's book of the month club.
Quote by RandyVanhalen13
yes at least i think it was the official website

oh ok, I haven't been on there in ages, I thought they might have it available on there by now
The problem with the satanic bible is none of the interesting stuff is original, and the part about magical practices is just ridiculous. What's the point? They say they don't worship Satan (their religion just "happens" to be called satanism, yeah whatever), but they have all these rituals which don't make sense in absence of a deity (or, to be more accurate, they make even less sense in absence of a deity).

But yeah, it's an interesting read.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
It's the wankiest religion you could pick....which is why I'm a follower haha. It makes more sense than freakin' Christianity.

Oh and Mad Marius? Knock knock
Who's there?
Me. I kill you.
Quote by fallenangel20
The only thing I've ever really liked about LaVeyan Satanism is his ideals on believing in your self, and not letting many, or all, outside influence affect you. I don't like being stubborn, or neglecting everyone's opinion, but I could honestly care less about what 99% of people think about me.

I don't consider myself a Satanist, and I've never read their bible, but I've read about it all.

I live, I love, I listen to music. I don't need it. I have my own things to worry about.

that's basically exactly where I stand. If I die and there is an afterlife I won't be surprised, if I die and there's nothing well that wouldn't surprise me either. So just enjoy the ride is what I say.
Quote by fallenangel20

+1

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
ive read it, or at least the first half of it. my friend who got really into it gave it to me to read.

i do agree with some of the ideals about self reliance and everything, but they would never work in the real world. maybe if this was some kind of post apocalyptic world where we can only rely on ourselves to get by, but not now. i also liked the "do whatever the **** you want" kind of attitude, because i think it is hypocritical for someone to tell you what to think.

im an athiest, and i really dont like religion, especially christianity. i liked the first two books where he takes down religion, especially the first book, which reminded me of the communist manifesto a little. then i got to the last two books, where he stops taking on religion, and starts to set one up on his own. i was like wtf? hypocrite. and all that chanting and demon warship stuff was bs, so i stopped reading.

so im not a satanist, but its only like 200 pages, and its an interesting read, so make the call for yourself.

I have no opinion on this matter.
^^ Yeah, fucking scenesters... you think it's cool to be a badass satanist.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
^^ Yeah, fucking scenesters... you think it's cool to be a badass satanist.

Hey Gandalf, you and your magic staff bullshit can relate pretty well to Satanism!

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I think that if a person is so pathetic and small that they feel the need to make a religion just to piss of people of another religion they should take a long hard look at their life.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by metal4life592
Hey Gandalf, you and your magic staff bullshit can relate pretty well to Satanism!

Excuse me sir. My magic and wizardry is of the light, not the darkness. Get your facts straight fool.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Excuse me sir. My magic and wizardry is of the light, not the darkness. Get your facts straight fool.

Umm...

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
^this just may be the lamest argument ive ever heard

EDIT: go aggies!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
^this just may be the lamest argument ive ever heard

Sorry, half of it's an inside joke that no one else here would get.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Page 1 of 2