is it just canada that calls USA the states? im wondering because it doesnt reallly make sense.
sup?
Why doesn't it make sense?
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Lots of people do, seeing as it's the United States. Les Etats Unis.

Why doesn't it make sense?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Yes, odd that someone would refer to "the United States" as "the States"...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
well, "the states" could refer to any group of countries or territories. the "United states" doesnt really make sense because it could refer to any united states.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
well, "the states" could refer to any group of countries or territories. the "United states" doesnt really make sense because it could refer to any united states.

Everyone just knows that when someone says "The States" they're talking about the USA. Just like when someone says "Down Under" they're talking about Australia.

This argument is lame.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Everyone just knows that when someone says "The States" they're talking about the USA. Just like when someone says "Down Under" they're talking about Australia.QUOTE]

Exactly.