After playing a few weeks on my (ESP) LTD JH-600 (the Jeff Hanneman signature), I can say I am truly pleased with it. ESP's from the USA/JAPAN are hard to come by in my country, the Netherlands. But recently I saw a few ESP models for sale in Germany.

From what I see the JH signature series are similar, or based on, the MII (NTB) series. They have basically similar components; alder bodies, neck thru body, EMG's etc. Of course there are some small differences, as in knobs or OFR or Kahler.

So here are my questions:

In terms of sound, is the LTD JH-600 comparable to the ESP sig. version from the USA/JAPAN? Furthermore, is the sound comparable between the LTD, ESP JH signature version and the MII models?

Finally, for the purists amongst us, can the price difference between an high-end LTD such as the JH-600 and, say, the MII NTB be justified? The difference is around $ 600 in USA or € 700 in Europe.
Theres not going to be a major difference in sound but the real ESP's are going to feel much, much nicer than the LTD. They will also last longer.

If you are on a budget then the price difference may be too great but if you can make the money it is definably better to go for an ESP than an LTD.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
Theres not going to be a major difference in sound but the real ESP's are going to feel much, much nicer than the LTD. They will also last longer.

If you are on a budget then the price difference may be too great but if you can make the money it is definably better to go for an ESP than an LTD.

OK, thanks. I m not a budget but considering whether I would have to go thru all the effort to get a real ESP...