At the moment i have my heart set on a Randall RG-100 G3 combo, as for the power, price, and versatility (im told) it seems a very good deal. I play Rock mostly, with bits of modern punk/pop punk/punk rock (whatever you want to call it), and also a bit of metal (not too heavy, Metallica stuff mostly). My budget would be between £300-450. If someone can suggest a better alternative, that would be appreciated

The obvious thing to do would be to go try some amps in a shop but unfortunately i live about 1 1/2-2 hours away from a decent guitar shop .

One question i do have is if this is an all tube amp (which i think it is), would 100 watts be a bit deafening? As i read in the amps q and a thread that 50+ would not be necessary.

And for those who are interested, i have a marshall mg 15MSII microstack *hides*, had my first band practice last night and it was barely present alongside the drums on full volume. Kind of expected, but a real kick in the balls.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Feb 2, 2008,
its not fully tube. its a hybrid. it has one tube which doesnt do much (imo).

you want a full tube amp. check out the laney vc30. its in your price range and its great for rock and punk and it also has amazing cleans. it may be 30watt but its all tube so it is louder than the randall.
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
Quote by TubzyX
its not fully tube. its a hybrid. it has one tube which doesnt do much (imo).

you want a full tube amp. check out the laney vc30. its in your price range and its great for rock and punk and it also has amazing cleans. it may be 30watt but its all tube so it is louder than the randall.

I like that amp (heard some clips on the website), but there are three types , which will suit my playing most?
112 is the best overall IMO. 212 is too heavy and they charge too much for it, and the stock speakers need changing anyway, and the 210 has even worse stock speakers and is a premium price as well....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well im guessing it'll be loud enough to gig/have band practice with so i think i'll go with the Laney VC30 112
I've gigged with my 112 3 times and had the same number of band practices, neither of the others have a very noticable volume increase.
Ok thanks, would it be worth getting something like an Ibanez TS9 to push a bit of extra distortion out when i need it?
Yeah, if you push the amp with a lot of volume boost from a pedal you can get it to early metallica sort of gain.
yeah, an overdrive is almost an essential to go along with a tube amp.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Yeah OD's are almost completely necessary, I really need to get one myself.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I think we play kinda same music(I don't play metal...I kinda hate it...don't know why. I just do xD) and people suggested me Peavey Valve King 112 or 212 if you want something twice as loud as you need :P check them out.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!