I like doing it on the train or bus, particularly on long journeys when it is dark.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I write melodies in the shower, I write chord sequences on piano or guitar, wherever really. I'm really not too bothered about 'environment', but it will usually have an influence on what the song sounds like.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Kitchen table, with some coffee, early in the morning or late at night. I keep a 4 track on my table.
Very late at night, like around 1 AM, that's when I write my best.

That, or when something very very bad has happened. Like when my gf broke up with me a couple months ago I wrote volley after volley after volley of material. And when you write that much, some of it's bound to come out pretty good, and sure enough, some of it did

So yeah, either really late at night/early morning, or when **** happens
The Pit. The Movie.
I usually just kinda jam after smoking a bit. I put the mic on because I feel like I play in a less inhibited manor when high so I come up with some cool ideas that I can later listen to while sober and turn into clear progressions and whatnot.
"The sounds of the universe were joined together according to musical concord" -Plato

Quote by adamungar1
Don't quote me, but I think it's a requirement to pledge allegiance if you're running for president :S

myspace.com/musicartenergy
AIM: enmusicerartgy
history class is great for writing lyrics.

using what the teacher is blabbing about as a theme for your song.

many of my songs were writen this way.

just goes to prove, history can teach us so much, as well as write songs.
Anywhere inspiration strikes, though I've noticed the environment has a great deal of influence on how it comes out in the end, because I may have written a song earlier in the day, and may rewrite it in a different environment, and it'll come out somewhat different.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Late at night, in my bedroom. Or if its with a friend, in the conservatory
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
In maths I come up with lyrics. But it's usually just in my bedroom at night.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I write melodies in the shower, I write chord sequences on piano or guitar, wherever really. I'm really not too bothered about 'environment', but it will usually have an influence on what the song sounds like.

+ 666

yeah dude same here... see GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
i dont write the lyrics for my band my friends decided to get somebody else to do it. I had good ideas but ill give her a try first
in our bassist's/lead singer's basement that's where we do most writing.

+1 to whoever said late at night i do that alot...
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
I find that I write better lyrics really early in the morning (That's like 2am early, not 6am early) under the influence of coffee. It's like being drunk in that you don't necessarily remember them too well in the morning due to the EXTREME FATIGUE, but when you read them you think 'awesome', rather than 'what the fuck is this'. But yeah, dimly lit room, alone with my thoughts, possibly murmuring to myself for dramatic effect.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
In total silence... the melody is always in my head, i just hav to get it down on guitar which takes lik a sec or two and then i fool around wid it a bit and get a progression.
Wherever there's inspiration and/or musical instruments readily available.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
I typically write lyrics in my room usually between the hours of my 10 PM and 1 AM. And I write on the computer in wordpad. Sometimes it takes me months to write one song.
In a quiet place listening to some sweet laid back instrumental jams. Usually place doesn't matter but if I COULD i would get a nice log cabin out in the middle of nowhere near a lake or something, just be one with nature.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.