how can I tune a 5 string to drop B best ?
I can tune the first 4 strings up but that isn't very good for the neck I suppose and tune the first 4 strings down to drop B and the 5th string to G isn't a good option either.
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
What? 5-strings generally have a low B-string, so why would you possibly need to do that?
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
just because a 5 string has a low B dosn't mean that he shouldn't retune to match the guitars he's playing with.

Buy lighter gauge strings and tune up.

Then maybe I'm understanding his post. What the hell is he asking?
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
drop B is B F# B E A C#

so for a 5 string bass it would be tuned: B F# B E A

This means you leave the 5th string tuned to B and tune the other strings UP to match the guitars.

I did this with my 5 string but tuned to Drop C hasnt caused any problems at all. And it holds the tuning way better than a 4 string
so I need to buy light guage strings and tune the 4 strings up, now I just bought heavy gauge strings to tune my bass to G-C-G-C-F but the G is way to loose and my band is going to switch from drop C t drop B
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
I had the same problem recently with the exact same situation. When we played in D, I tuned to BDADG. We dropped to C, so I played ACGCF. We recently dropped to B, but I can't tune my bass G#BF#BE because it's too floppy. I just play in BEADG and change what I play to match them. We don't have much open string stuff, so it works out just fine.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Feb 2, 2008,