my acoustic doesn't have a stud for my shoulder strap. (well, it does at the base of the guitar.) that leaves me tying a string around the headstock to the strap.

me no like that

where can i safely put a forward stud without risking the guitar cracking from stress?
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
First off. Change your avatar. That's C.C.'s

Second. Go buy a strap button and install it on your guitar, to find out where, ask the people at your local music shop. Or guitar center. They should be able to help.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
One of the safest places to attach a strap button to an acoustic is the back side of the neck heel. It all comes down to your acoustic though, it may be best off to consult somebody knowledgeable who can help you with the placement.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i just went down to my local music shop with my guitar and talked to their tech, he had a spare strap button laying around and installed it in the neck heel for me in about 30 seconds. Best part he didnt charge me a thing
I put one on the far side of the neck heel, works great.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.