So me and some friends from school are starting an alternative rock band. I decided to make an acoustic demo just to see how people would react to my voice. Im not asking for a review on the guitar playing or lyrics, i would rather have some feedback on how my voice sounds and ways to improve it. Everyone says they like my voice or can hear potential in it, and im willing to work and do whatever it takes to bring my voice up to a standard high enough to actualy play gigs.

Thanks in advance!

www.myspace.com/thesecondchancenj

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Sounds okay if you like that sort of music, your voice sounds alike to the lead singer of Halifax
Ibanez ICX220
D'addario XL .010 - .046
Dunlop stubby 1mm

DigiTech RP50
Korg AX3000G

Laney KD65

Quote by Lateralus17
Just stop. Stop being a pussy and get a real addiction like drinking coca-cola.
Warm up and keep practicing. That's the only way to improve; play scales on guitar or bass and try to hit higher or lower notes that you can't get.
i like it.
you sound good
very generic like you sound much like everyone else right now (plain white t's, etc.)...but if thats what you are going for thats good
what would be a way to chance my voice to stick out from todays generic music?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
im not saying that as a bad thing...
i just meant that you sound like a lot of popular artists now a days.
which with the sound i think you guys are trying to achieve is good
You don't need any improvement, your voice sounds great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
theres a thread on this in MT its stikied lots of useful stuff there it helped me. check it out.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Thanks everyone!

Quote by element4433
You don't need any improvement, your voice sounds great.

But could you say that i could show some more emotion? I've had people say to me that i should try to show emotion in my singing, but it seems very hard for me. Are there any teqniques to work on to help me out with that?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
you have a really good voice. im a singer too so i kinda compared my voice to yours and you can sustain notes very well. i really liked it.
thanks! theres another problem that i have to work with. Singing with a band seems harder because im in a louder environment. It seems i sing better with acoustic sets.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
Quote by AndrewDulina
thanks! theres another problem that i have to work with. Singing with a band seems harder because im in a louder environment. It seems i sing better with acoustic sets.

It just takes time bud. The more you do it, the better you get and become more used to the louder environment.
Push your limitations, not too hard because that's how you blow your vocal chords, but just a little and you'll find it becomes easier and easier, because you'll be building up youir voice, like any athelite building up their body for optimal performance.
Quote by AndrewDulina
So me and some friends from school are starting an alternative rock band. I decided to make an acoustic demo just to see how people would react to my voice. Im not asking for a review on the guitar playing or lyrics, i would rather have some feedback on how my voice sounds and ways to improve it. Everyone says they like my voice or can hear potential in it, and im willing to work and do whatever it takes to bring my voice up to a standard high enough to actualy play gigs.

Thanks in advance!

www.myspace.com/thesecondchancenj

Your voice sounds pretty good! Just try working on your range..

I guess by practicing vocal scales you could do that!
Improve your voice? My best could never reach your worst...but that's why I'm a guitarist, not a singer.
Quote by Rocker_94
Improve your voice? My best could never reach your worst...but that's why I'm a guitarist, not a singer.

Trust me, if i can "sing" anyone can. I have no idea how i sound good, i have never had a vocal lesson in my life and i talk in a deep voice. It supprised me. Also i notice that my voice breaks easely on holding high notes, i guess that also improves with training.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
^ Correct.

I found that when I first started singing, my range was pretty small, my voice sounded weak, and I was pretty limited with what I could do. With practise, and some instruction with a choir, my range has increased, my voice has become stronger, and I've made my voice much more versatile.

Find out the highest note in your range that you can hold comfortably, and practise stretching that. If you push yourself just a little bit every day to hit the note above it, eventually, you will be able to.
I agree with your method of improving my vocal range, maybe it will also help me improve on the strength of my voice and how i project it.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
Personally, I think your voice is just okay, decent, if you will. I think if you want to be in a band and sing well, you need to improve. I'm not too sure on exactly how to do that, because I already had a decent voice and my mom gave me vocal lessons and stuff.

Honestly, I suggest going to a professional to get some, and tell them what you are trying to achieve with your voice. If you give me the names of a few singers you'd like to model your vocal tact after, that might help me understand what you need to do. :]

And to Mr. Cuddles, I dare you to search the entire vocal thread trying to find the advice you're looking for. It can't be done. I've tried on many occasions. If it's not on the front page, then you'll be searching for hours.
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Quote by Jix_Jax
If you give me the names of a few singers you'd like to model your vocal tact after, that might help me understand what you need to do. :]

Thats the thing, sure i have heros and models that i look up too, but i dont want to nessesarely sing like them. I want to be myself. If i copy the way someone else sings, its not the same. To me singing expresses how you feel, you cant express your feeling unless you are your own self. You kind of know what i mean?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman