Talked to an amp tech today and he has mods for several Marshalls. Im a total noob on this, so bear with me. One certain mod will make the amp work on a cranked level, however at lower volumes. So basically you have the cranked tube driven sound already available at lower volumes. Sort of a built in powerbrake? He said that this mod was applied quite alot and already exists a long time. It is not expensive.

This mod would require some holes to be drilled. Is this a good alternative to a powerbrake? Does the mod reduce value of the amp (I dont want to sell it now) and would you do it?
depends on the price and how well it works. It might be a better value just to get an attenuater.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I would do the mod if it does what it says, and if the effect of the mod is removable with a press of a button.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by splat102
I would do the mod if it does what it says, and if the effect of the mod is removable with a press of a button.

But would that reduce the trade in value of the amp?
nah probably increase it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
It kinda depends on how he's going to mod it, it sounds like he might just be planing on pulling one of the power tubes. You should find out how he's doing it, i have seen some interesting methods of doing it, one guy installed a small light bulb into his amp and used it as an attenuator
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90