I badly need a new hairstyle. My present one literally sucks. Let my try and describe it to the best of my ability (sorry, no pics because somebody stole my cell phone):
-Its sorta short (up to my eyebrows)
-Its really straight and cool after i wash it (or when its wet) but during the day it gets dry, a bit wavy and unmanageable

I was looking for a hairstyle more like the one of Robert Flynn (Machine Head).

(the guy on the left)

I went to the hair saloon today and there was this frikkin huge line because everyone was getting their hair straightened. What i noticed though was that this punk kid gets his hair straightened to look like some guy whose picture was saved on his cell phone. His hair was long but sorta looked like pubic hair at first, but once he was done i was like "wow"! I dont know how the stylist did it but he got his hair to look awesome. So theres hope for me too.

Just to clarify, does hair straightening make your hair frizzy after like 6 months if you dont condition it? Thats what i heard and ive seen in another person. Cause im really considering to straighten my hair out.

Oh and spiking with gel does not work for me either because my hair absorbs all the gel and starts to bend around a bit.

So could you guys please post pics of some haircuts you recommend or suggest? Id really appreciate it. Thanks!
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
you have to straighten you hair each day.

unless you get it chemically straightened. and that costs way too much.

edit:

i once went to a fancy dress party as ace freely from kiss.

i had my hair all teased up (my hair is heaps long btw)

i have ever since wanted "hair metal" hair as my pernament haircut.
i say dont get a haircut. grow it long, and then do it
Last edited by HethaHORRIFIC at Feb 2, 2008,
I don't know how long pubic hair lasts after it's straightened at a salon, but you should invest in a straightening iron. They work pretty well, you should look into it.
my head looks like my balls before i straighten it, but after 5 min max straightening I'm all done and good to go, if you really want it i could send you a before and after pic of my normal hair and my straightened hair.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
If that's Dino Cazares on the far right and I believe that's the guy from Trivium second to the left, don't get haircuts like them, because any of your metalhead friends will probably laugh their asses of any day they see you.
note the other two guys have long hair.

just grow it.

but yeah, danm that roadrunner united made a fine cd. i love it. had it for ages and still listen to it regualary.
Seriously, best thing to do IS straighten, because thats what I have to do.

If I just hop out of the shower, I look like a damn prep wearing a Slayer T-Shirt.

but from you description, you hear is about the same length as mine, so after a while of straightening your hair, you'll get better and have Zacky Vengeance style hair, which kicks ass, and will have chicks swarming.

I don't know why.
Wait a minute....if you have sex with someone else with herpes you get SuperHerpes???

....awww shit.
Are you sure that kind of hairstyle woul suit you? Btw I feel for you, I got same type of hair as you
Last edited by Naem at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
you have to straighten you hair each day.

No you don't. If you do your hair dies, you look like a tit and you have to get it cut every month to get rid of the ends.

You can straighten it every other day and, depending on your hair, you get it cut every few months to keep it healthy. Helps if you can give it days off as well.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Softserved
Seriously, best thing to do IS straighten, because thats what I have to do.

If I just hop out of the shower, I look like a damn prep wearing a Slayer T-Shirt.

but from you description, you hear is about the same length as mine, so after a while of straightening your hair, you'll get better and have Zacky Vengeance style hair, which kicks ass, and will have chicks swarming.

I don't know why.

Dude you just read my fu*kin mind! Seriously, I know A7x is weird (to put it in a mild way), but for the past 6 months i really wanted a Zaky Vengeance hairstyle.

Sorry, my hair looks like some 60's dude when i grow it mid way. It starts to for a convex wave when i grown past my ear and looks really retarded.

I guess the solution is straightening. I dont mind doing it chemically if it brings results. About that manual straightening iron, im not scared to use it, but i heard thats very bad as well. But i stress on the word "heard", not sure if its really that bad. Even this girl in my school had pretty decent hair, but after she straightened it chemically it started to get all frizzy after 6 months, and then she got some straightening iron and used it almost everyday. Now her hair looks like an afro (im not kidding). So this sorta stuff freaks me out. Maybe she did something wrong so im just clarifying things.
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
To straighten it for 6 months and never get it cut, it will go frizzy coz a lot of it, especially the ends will be dry, brittle and dead. If you get it trimmed every few months, and wash it properly it'll be fine.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
No you don't. If you do your hair dies, you look like a tit and you have to get it cut every month to get rid of the ends.

You can straighten it every other day and, depending on your hair, you get it cut every few months to keep it healthy. Helps if you can give it days off as well.

If you use this thing called a shower, you need to straighten it every day.

I straighten my hair. Takes ten mins (cos of the ****ing back, hate it) but make sure you buy a good pair of hair straighteners of it'll take you even longer. I recommend GHDs.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
If you're going to use straighteners just remember to use heat defense spray and to condition it regularly.

Otherwise your hair'll be drier than Esmeralda's pussy (seriously, how can anyone get wet looking at Quasimodo?)
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Badreligionrock
If you use this thing called a shower, you need to straighten it every day.

I straighten my hair. Takes ten mins (cos of the ****ing back, hate it) but make sure you buy a good pair of hair straighteners of it'll take you even longer. I recommend GHDs.

Don't wash your hair everyday then? It's completly unnecessary.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

Indeed.
I wash, straighten, wait a day, wash again.
R E G G A E
Quote by Yakult
your hair'll be drier than Esmeralda's pussy (seriously, how can anyone get wet looking at Quasimodo?)

Thanks, I spilled my coke
Quote by jambi_mantra

If you want to look like a homeless person... Then be my guest. I prefer to smell good and look good everyday. If I don't shower, my hair would be insanely oily and look like udder shit.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Dimebag22
If you want to look like a homeless person... Then be my guest. I prefer to smell good and look good everyday. If I don't shower, my hair would be insanely oily and look like udder shit.

Yeah, same with my hair. Im still going to stay away from straightening for a while (its freaked my balls off). Ill just grow may hair for a few months and then get it cut properly. I need a good conditioner badly. The main ones i see in the market are Dove and VO5. Is there a really good conditioner that makes your hair all soft, silky and manageable without changing its colour (like my hair is black and its starting to turn a bit brown).
Quote by RHCP94

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

i once went to a fancy dress party as ace freely from kiss.

hahahahaha i went to a fancy dress party as Paul Stanley from kiss... i just didnt comb my hair after the shower!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Print off one of my profile pictures and take it to your hairdresser.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
If you're gonna get straightening irons, make sure you:

1. Get some sort of heat defence spray.
2. Get your hair cut more often, once every couple of months or so.
3. Was and condition your hair properly in the shower.

That's the most important things I can think of. Also, I find it easier to straighten my hair if it's properly dried (e.g. with a hairdryer) than if it's still kinda damp. I dunno, might be the same for you.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK