ok, so i am straight up saying my Epi LP Custom w/ my Flextone II does not put out the enough gain for TDWP type of songs, let alone any hardcore metal.

i cannot even do pinch harmonics , & im foing them the proper way too. my friend uses a schecter c-1 plus w/ a crate GLX1200 head and said "your doing it right man, but you dont have enough gain"

SO....

would the Boss MD-2 mega distortion pedal pump out the gain i need?

i know that it has a gain knob on it..just wondering what equipment i could buy thats is relatively cheap to give me lots of gain.
electro harmonix metal muff.

done.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
electro harmonix metal muff.

done.

+1

Also, you're obviously not doing it right. If I can do a pinch harmonic on my clean channel with a single coil pickup and a tremolo bridge. So can you.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
yeah you probably arent doing it right....if you can do pinch harmonics, you really should be able to do them on a clean channel, too.
well let me take what i wrote back, i can do them, just not on the thicker stringsonly saying cause a lot of TDWP songs have squealy pinch harmonics notes, which my friend does with ease, but i cant seem to do it and he even said i had the right technique
Last edited by jcp42877 at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by Doodleface
+1

Also, you're obviously not doing it right. If I can do a pinch harmonic on my clean channel with a single coil pickup and a tremolo bridge. So can you.

+2

I can get a decent pinch on an acoustic, TS work on them.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I find it easier to do pinches on the heavy strings, what gives?
Not enough gain? really? i've never played one, so i guess i cant say. its just kind of surprising; Line 6 seems to be very into making models suited to metal.

if you think that you do need a new distortion pedal, try the Metal Muff and any others you can. i'm personally a big fan of the Line 6 Uber Metal but it doesnt seem to be extremely popular around here.

i agree with the above people, your technique probably isnt right. mess around with hitting different parts of the string. try near the neck pickup, the side closest to your bridge.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
hmm.

do you guys use your thumbs to do pinch harmonics or ring fingers......ring finger is my bud's preference, mine is thumb...idk who is right, but he gets a way better pinch harmonic than me.
I have a uber metal laying around and it worked really nice on my marshall and the thing makes pinch harmonics a breeze for some reason. Guess its voiced for that style... Also its pretty much pantera in a box...
The digitech death metal is good if you add another distortion pre-amp like on my zoom effects processor, but by itself is pretty ****, I'm saving up for a new amp so I can stop having to worry about all the distortion pedals, so I'd say if you just wanna get a pedal for the devil wears prada sorta stuff, Boss is your best bet, allthough you still probably won't get their tone.