Absurd but help. Im pretty sure someone here knows.. One thats loud enough to match/play over the drums and bass. I need an answer asap.
thats a tuff question.....i cant think of a single tube amp under 300 bucks that isnt like 10 or 5 watts...but tube amps are loud as all hell when cranked.....look for a used orange tiny terror IMHO
vox valvetronix ad30vt its hybrid(tube/SS) it works great for me and its $260
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
It's not a tube amp, but you could get a crate SS that sounds good and loud for about 300, I think.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Quote by hendrix_128

Your sure it can play over drums right? Im using a spider 3 30 watt. It can play over the drums, but it seriously is one of the ugliest sounds Ive heard in my life when cranked up. I really want to chuck it out the window when I play loud it with it.
Quote by hendrix_128

actually...the vox wouldnt be a bad choice with that budget
Quote by tomk123
Your sure it can play over drums right? Im using a spider 3 30 watt. It can play over the drums, but it seriously is one of the ugliest sounds Ive heard in my life when cranked up. I really want to chuck it out the window when I play loud it with it.

the vox sounds miles better than a spider...trust me
Quote by hendrix_128

I also have a vox valvetronix ad30vt and it is one sweet amp... I would have to say that it would be your best bet to you while gigging..
Quote by Rahab
the vox sounds miles better than a spider...trust me

Thanks I'll check it out man. Thanks alot, but people keep giving suggestion if you know. Thanks.
Quote by hendrix_128

3 problems:
not a tube amp, not loud enough and not much of an upgrade from a line 6 spider

tomk, look for used fender hot rod deluxes, peavey classics and peavey valvekings.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star

tomk, look for used fender hot rod deluxes, peavey classics and peavey valvekings.

+1

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Last edited by Guitar_Dan_666 at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by red star
3 problems:
not a tube amp, not loud enough and not much of an upgrade from a line 6 spider

You sir, are made of fail.
Be cool.
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
+1

yeah....that too, a good used valveking or fender would be better if you could find one at the right price.....but the valveking goes for like 399 brand new
Maybe take a look at this?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pignose-G40V-Tube-Amp-489052-i1146144.gc

A hair over $300, but if you like to haggle, should be able to easily get it for under $300.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by red star
3 problems:
not a tube amp, not loud enough and not much of an upgrade from a line 6 spidertomk, look for used fender hot rod deluxes, peavey classics and peavey valvekings.

everything is an upgrade from a line 6 spider(Except for mgs)
Quote by thedude051
You sir, are made of fail.

dude... i own the vox and ive played the line6
sure the tone is better but its not tube tone better. why would you "upgrade" from crappy modeling tone (line 6 spider) to better modeling tone ( vox AD30VT) when you can get great tube tone if you buy used? he'll just outgrow the vox if he gets it.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
dude... i own the vox and ive played the line6
sure the tone is better but its not tube tone better. why would you "upgrade" from crappy modeling tone to better modeling tone when you can get great tube tone if you buy used? he'll just outgrow the vox if he gets it.

dont bash the vox too much...its a solid amp with good to great tones......people around here give tube amps way to much credit
Quote by Rahab
dont bash the vox too much...its a solid amp with good to great tones......people around here give tube amps way to much credit

yeah im not trying to bash it, im just saying its not what the threadstarter is looking for. the threadstarter wants a tube amp and while the vox is a great, versatile modeling amp... its not gonna give him the tube amp feel or tone. i own a vox ad30vt and the difference between that and my peavey classic is like night and day
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by tomk123
Thanks. Im also gonna look for a used hotrod like that guy suggested, but this one looks really reliable too.

The Pignose is probably your best bet for anything giggable "new." Otherwise, scour the used market like was suggested before.

To get over a drummer you'll want to try to stick at 30watts or over (tube) unless he hits like a freight train.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Rahab

he werent bashing it he was just saying he might be able to get a better amp for his money if he looks at second hand amps, and tube amps get the credit they deserve, but thats not to say solid state amps are bad i think its more a case of solid state amps seem to be overlooked sometimes on here
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Quote by red star
yeah im not trying to bash it, im just saying its not what the threadstarter is looking for. the threadstarter wants a tube amp and while the vox is a great, versatile modeling amp... its not gonna give him the tube amp feel or tone. i own a vox ad30vt and the difference between that and my peavey classic is like night and day

agreed.....if he wants the tube sound and volume, he is gotta pay up or just buy it used
So yeah, if you want a hi-wattage tube amp at that price, you'll have to go used.

Off the top of my head, uh, a Fender Blues Jr. or a Crate Palomino V16 would probably be around that price used. Couple others. Look for something 15 watts or higher, I think: cranked well, 15 watts should get you decent-ish gigging volume.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Yeah, you can get the Palomino V16 from GC for $280, and they're hella loud.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Fender blues junior mighnt not be too bad but for new I think the palomino v16 is his best bet. you could probably find a 30 watt palomino for around 300. A valveking could be found for 300 or so. 50w would be more than enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ160204994665QQihZ006QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

a little more than 300 but should be fine