If i played my guitar through my bass amp could it damage my amp or guitar?

I dont know if it matters but the amp is a 100 watt fender rumble bass amp and the guitar is an Ibanez RG370DX.
No.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by moodster
wait so:

Guitar>bass amp = Alright!

Bass>guitar amp = No no!

right?

Exactly. In fact, you can get a GREAT bluesy tone from an old tube bass amp and a guitar with a single coil in the neck.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I got a question...

If my friend runs his bass through his guitar amp, will it damage anything? He's getting a bass and already has a guitar amp
Quote by Green RATM Day
I got a question...

If my friend runs his bass through his guitar amp, will it damage anything? He's getting a bass and already has a guitar amp

Yes, it will wreck the amp.

Tell him to get a proper bass amp.
UG's Yellow Ranger

Quote by russiaininvader
dont pour beer into it though. it'll get you kicked out of metallica and damage your relationship with james.

i thought he poured beer onto their current (unimportant, obviously) bass player's pickups??
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
someone wasnt paying attention :p

yes it will damage it...it wont seem like it at first but a guitar amp simply cant handle the lows....after a while it will blow......and itl sound like ****

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
yea i get mixed opinions on this all the time. But i will say this, this guy ran his guitar through my friends behringer combo bass amp and it wasnt pretty afterwards. it took a good ten minutes for his bass to get any good sound, it was all choppy for a little while. But then again, it was a crappy behringer combo...

but anyway, i run bass through my friends guitar amp all the time with no problem

But dont try that at home kids
this sig rocks....
Quote by cheugonjr
yea i get mixed opinions on this all the time. But i will say this, this guy ran his guitar through my friends behringer combo bass amp and it wasnt pretty afterwards. it took a good ten minutes for his bass to get any good sound, it was all choppy for a little while. But then again, it was a crappy behringer combo...

but anyway, i run bass through my friends guitar amp all the time with no problem

Key word:

behringer
UG's Yellow Ranger

Back to the original question. Yes, you can. In fact a friend of mine bought a Reissue 59 Bassman amp, and he's a guitarist. Its is main amp at the present. Many blues guitarists seek out that amp because a guitar sounds very nice through it.
Quote by cheugonjr

Key points. Behringer never sounds good.

Also, you will be damaging the speakers of your friends amp. Stop it now.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by cheugonjr

there is absolutely no way the guitar was the direct cause of that, unless you had the amp cranked all the way up, then its just negligence and not the guitar.

also weren't the '59 bassmans originally guitar amps? and the reissue are now sold as guitar amps?
You can really honestly run a bass through a guitar amp. Unless it's a poorly made combo or something it will be fine. I don't really understand where this came from. A bass through a guitar amp might not always sound good but I have never seen hard evidence (outside of cheap combos) that a bass will ruin a guitar amp. If the guitar amp couldn't handle the lower octave why would there be octave pedals? And a lot of bassists used to and still do use guitar amps.
Quote by Zar938
there is absolutely no way the guitar was the direct cause of that, unless you had the amp cranked all the way up, then its just negligence and not the guitar.

also weren't the '59 bassmans originally guitar amps? and the reissue are now sold as guitar amps?

yes the fender bassman amps were originally guitar amps

no its just guitarists liked the guitar tone you could get from them, same goes for the old marshall super bass series a lot of guitarists used those because it made their guitars sound much beefier
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Serideth
Key word:

behringer

haha my point exactly
this sig rocks....