I've got a guitar with H/S/S, 2 volume knob, 1 tone, and a 5-way. Everything works as it should but I'd like to try and wire the number 2 position on the switch to select all three pickups rather than just the neck and middle pickup.

- How would I go about this?

- is there a way to wire it to where I can keep the selector the same but add like a puh-pull pot to select all three?

- has anyone experimented with this before and if so, are there any downsides?

Thanks for your help ahead of time. I'm not experienced with guitar wiring and my google searches didn't come up with much exceot for stock wiring.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
~Theres quite a few people on here much better with 5 way switches then I am, so I'll leave that to them, but you're other questions

Yes, you could make a seperate push-pull volume control for one of your pickups, so that when down it would be off and when up it would have its own volume. You'd probably take it off the selector switch then too.

The only downside is that with all three selected you're going to have low resistance with your potentiometers IE, it will sound bassy and dull. But I dont find it to be bad enough to stop ya from using it entirly.

However,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
~Theres quite a few people on here much better with 5 way switches then I am, so I'll leave that to them, but you're other questions

Yes, you could make a seperate push-pull volume control for one of your pickups, so that when down it would be off and when up it would have its own volume. You'd probably take it off the selector switch then too.

The only downside is that with all three selected you're going to have low resistance with your potentiometers IE, it will sound bassy and dull. But I dont find it to be bad enough to stop ya from using it entirly.

However,

Hmmm... i might stick with just the push/pull then. That seems like it'd be easier. I plan on upgrading eventually to active PUPs so I'm assuming that it would assist with the low resistance issue???
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame