Page 1 of 3
I thought about putting this in the gaming thread, but no-one would listen

So, UG'ers, what do you want the most in video games? Post multiple reasons and an example if you can. Here's mine:

-Third-person action-adventure
-Plenty of different monsters to fight
-HUGE arsenal of weapons(melee)
-Gigantic places to run around

EXAMPLE
-God of War
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Dude, you would absolutely LOVE Serious Sam: The Next Encounter. I'm virtually the same as you, the game has a hell of a lot of all of those things.

Although it's old and has crappy graphics, I love the game Deus Ex. I've had it over 3 years, completed it about 8 times, and am still having plenty of fun with it. Awesome game.
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Feb 2, 2008,
Perfect Dark. I've had the game for 7 years, and I'm still not tired off it.

Plus, it has Perfect in the title. That's neat.
-MMORPG FPS (not tabula rasa)
-a whole world to travel around
-many factions, with constant battles for ground control
-allies
-build scheme where you could customize your weapon as well as your physical stats
-expansions with new worlds??
-no teleports, hitch a ride in a plane/chopper/van/humvee/tank, whatever
-NO LAG AND NO HAX, GOD DAMNIT!!!

I think I'll have to wait for like quintupple-cores before that comes out though

I dunno, kinda like spore, but an fps
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Pokemon Red & Blue.

Come on, is there ANY RPG that kills more time and is more entertaining than pokemon?
Quote by RawrDemon
Perfect Dark. I've had the game for 7 years, and I'm still not tired off it.

Plus, it has Perfect in the title. That's neat.

Winner.
Although, if I could find my copy of MOH:AA I'd be over the moon right now.

For me though, quite difficult missions, variety of weapons and vehicles, variety of enemies that have varying degrees of intelligence that fit the role and a constantly changing environment and goals.
That'd be awesome.

That said, I can't put down Ace Of Combat X, at all.

Afterthought;
Quote by King Of Suede
-MMORPG FPS (not tabula rasa)
-a whole world to travel around
-many factions, with constant battles for ground control
-allies
-build scheme where you could customize your weapon as well as your physical stats
-expansions with new worlds??
-no teleports, hitch a ride in a plane/chopper/van/humvee/tank, whatever
-NO LAG AND NO HAX, GOD DAMNIT!!!

I think I'll have to wait for like quintupple-cores before that comes out though

I dunno, kinda like spore, but an fps

I am 95% sure I've played such a game.
Although it'd be about 4 years old now I think.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City/San Andreas. Honestly, I've never had a video game experience like those games.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Like GTA, but a lot more features
Huge map to explore with a shitload of secrets to find
Shitload of interaction
Online multiplayer
Fun weapons, gadgets, etc.
Very good graphics
Likable characters
Lots of customization
Lots of blood, gore, nudity
Good optimization so that you don't need top of the line computer to play it
Great replayability
I think Doom 1 and 2 are the best examples. EXTREMELY fast action FPS with entertaining, but straight-forward gameplay.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
I think Doom 1 and 2 are the best examples. EXTREMELY fast action FPS with entertaining, but straight-forward gameplay.

I keep pokemon as my choice, but agreed.
Grand Theft Auto 3 storyline and enviroment. But, with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty-style characters, movement/combat and weapons.
Mercenaries playground of destruction was suchhhh a good game
if they made a new one id buy it in a heartbeat.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Pokemon Red & Blue.

Come on, is there ANY RPG that kills more time and is more entertaining than pokemon?

umm... The new pokemon games are ****ing amazing... I know it's not the origional 150, but they still have some great action!!

And yeah... I got blue and yellow version when they first came out... And I bring it with me to school everyday and play whever I can
(OMF! a couple days ago, I finaly got a kangaskan(sp?) for the first itme.. I caught a missingo, used a rare candy, and it evolved into kanagaskan... and it knew water gun, water gun, and sky attack... and need 777,964 exp till lvl 2, hahahhaha)

Quote by Kjoyea

Call me noob, but I still can't beat the first ace... Even though I just picked it up a couple weeks ago... But it's hella fun raiding the NK artillery base and just ordering bomb after bomb to kill everyone there
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Sex Hero.

Preferably with a wireless controller. I don't wanna repeat my Vegas encounter with a transvestite prostitute's "cable."
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
GTA 3 and the sequels got it for me. Sandbox style is awesome. I also like sports, first person shooters and third person shooters.
Something along the lines of the GTA series where you can go everywhere, inside everything.

Basically real life except a lil easier.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by hazzmatazz
Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid are already the perfect games for me

+1
UG's Yellow Ranger

It'd be very violent.

It'd have lots of extreme metal and hip hop music.

The characters would be kinda goofy, but not campy and the main character would be a badass like Duke Nukem.

You'd have to take on evil foreigners, aliens, zombies and ninjas.

You can choose between 1st person and 3rd person.
Quote by Kjoyea

they are.

go to lucasarts.com

Quote by Masamune
you mean a version of guitar hero with songs of your taste?

Yeahh
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
As long as it has a hot chick main protagonist, and good gameplay and replayability (sp?) it is good in my books
So as for now I stay with Haunting Grounds

But as long as it has good gameplay, original storyline, and it keeps you addicted (and has lots of secrets and side quest and that stuff) it is okay....

I guess the PERFECT video game would be one of those that you wear a suit with sensors and wear those virtual glasses, and you can do whatever you want to (playing virtual pool, virtual GTA, virtual Final Fantasy, etc...)
every single pokemon game put together... and u shud be able to choose which region you start from... now that would be awesome.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Kjoyea

Prove me wrong, but aren't they bringing out a new Mercenaries game? World in Flames or something along those lines? But I am agreed with you, that was one freakin' awesome game
Quote by King Of Suede
umm... The new pokemon games are ****ing amazing... I know it's not the origional 150, but they still have some great action!!

And yeah... I got blue and yellow version when they first came out... And I bring it with me to school everyday and play whever I can
(OMF! a couple days ago, I finaly got a kangaskan(sp?) for the first itme.. I caught a missingo, used a rare candy, and it evolved into kanagaskan... and it knew water gun, water gun, and sky attack... and need 777,964 exp till lvl 2, hahahhaha)

I have Diamond, and it's sooooooooo awesome, but nothing compares to the originals.
-some form of rpg that lets you develope your characters skills
-great story line, something that actually makes you keep saying "well just another 20 minutes until i find out what happens"
-it should be online, or at least co-op with 2 players
-should be free roam

something along those lines, kinda like a combination of mass effect, and oblivion, but 2 players
Quote by Guitarman015
I thought about putting this in the gaming thread, but no-one would listen

So, UG'ers, what do you want the most in video games? Post multiple reasons and an example if you can. Here's mine:

-Third-person action-adventure
-Plenty of different monsters to fight
-HUGE arsenal of weapons(melee)
-Gigantic places to run around

EXAMPLE
-God of War

Except GoW didn't exactly have a huge arsenal of weapons.
An FPS with an absolutely amazing storyline. Not TOO much shooting, but a lot of action parts. Half-Life 2, etc.
Great optimization (my PC is good, I can run HL2:E2 maxed with no problems, 50FPS, but when I say optimization, think Source engine optimization).
Nice graphics (they don't have to be jaw-dropping, but enough to significantly impress you at times)
A very long FPS, so like 50+ hours.

o_o. Yeah.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
DMC style gameplay, masses of weapons, both melee and ranged, including magic.

masses of INTELLIGENT AI. both against you and working alongside you.

Enemies NEVER disapear after dying, unless theres some reason for it. (IE: Birds eat the rotting corpes, or such.)

Killing enemies nets experience, used to level up stats.

Weapons can be bought, made, self-customised. basically anything

^same goes for playable characters.

Freeroaming ftw

Basically FF meets DMC meets GTA. but 100x more epic.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
DMC style gameplay, masses of weapons, both melee and ranged, including magic.

masses of INTELLIGENT AI. both against you and working alongside you.

Enemies NEVER disapear after dying, unless theres some reason for it. (IE: Birds eat the rotting corpes, or such.)

Killing enemies nets experience, used to level up stats.

Weapons can be bought, made, self-customised. basically anything

^same goes for playable characters.

Freeroaming ftw

Basically FF meets DMC meets GTA. but 100x more epic.

Count me in.
an online multiplayer rpg with with melee attack and you can do anything you want, like seriously anything, you name it can be done in this game.
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

The world's most perfect game.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by TranquilNight
Like GTA, but a lot more features
Huge map to explore with a shitload of secrets to find
Shitload of interaction
Online multiplayer
Fun weapons, gadgets, etc.
Very good graphics
Likable characters
Lots of customization
Lots of blood, gore, nudity
Good optimization so that you don't need top of the line computer to play it
Great replayability

If you have a 360, you'd like Crackdown.

My perfect game would be one with tons of customization, platforming, and melee and range attacks.

Kind of like Ratchet and Clank.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I'd say Pokemon Silver and Gold were better than the original because they had far more features but weren't carried away, and had both the whole new map and the old map full of people. It had most if not all of the original 150 as well.
well, it needs a demonic killer mouse. but i don't think they made that yet
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Page 1 of 3