Whats the of Slash's signature original les paul? I thought it was a gold top, but now people are telling different colors. what is it?
Now im confused, by original you mean the first Gibson LP he owned or the first signature Gibson LP he released?

In the first case, he got this LP copy which he used live until he went to the studio to record, there Guns manager hooked him up with a Sunburst Standard (almost sure of this), then the first signature LP he released with Gbison was the one with the dragon desing inlays, and the last signature LP he released was the Tobacco one.
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.
i'm aware this is a few months old...

but actually, slash had someone's old les paul standard (later hocked for smack iirc), a year or two before they started recording appetite (and before he got chris derrig's hand made les paul replica) - i believe it was steve hunter's,and it looked like this...

http://images.music123.com/products/original/Gibson/150893.jpg

forget the official name for the finish.
Actually, I recall reading Slash had a Jackson Soloist as well, but got rid of it long before recording Appetite because it never stayed in tune for some reason. His main guitar (the custom made one) I THINK was a cherry burst as mentioned above, but it's faded away now to havimg no burst based on the last picture I saw. The original sig was a deep red color
Quote by CJRocker
Actually, I recall reading Slash had a Jackson Soloist as well, but got rid of it long before recording Appetite because it never stayed in tune for some reason.

maybe he didn't know how to use a Floyd?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Tagg
i'm aware this is a few months old...

but actually, slash had someone's old les paul standard (later hocked for smack iirc), a year or two before they started recording appetite (and before he got chris derrig's hand made les paul replica) - i believe it was steve hunter's,and it looked like this...

http://images.music123.com/products/original/Gibson/150893.jpg

forget the official name for the finish.

I'm sure that is the latte finish, or iced tea finish, or whatever they call it
depends what you're asking.

slash's "first" signature model was made in the nineties. it was see thru red with a mother of pearl cobra inlay and a painted slash's snakepit logo. epiphone made a cheaper version with fake MOP and a snakepit sticker

his second was a custom shop model with a fishman power bridge for acoustic sounds. not the switch between the tone controls

now, he has his 'inspired by' aged les paul in cherryburst

his Gibson USA signature model in tobacco burst

and his Epiphone signature slash Les Paul

he also has two goldtops in the works, one with gibson, one with epiphone.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i think you might be referring to this one

or this one

which i think is one of the two lps he got from gibson custom shop in 88. that one looks like a cherry sunburst

his original lp made by chris derrig is this one, the one he recorded AFD with

Quote by orangefloyd
Now im confused, by original you mean the first Gibson LP he owned or the first signature Gibson LP he released?

In the first case, he got this LP copy which he used live until he went to the studio to record, there Guns manager hooked him up with a Sunburst Standard (almost sure of this), then the first signature LP he released with Gbison was the one with the dragon desing inlays, and the last signature LP he released was the Tobacco one.

Slash actually picked up his Chris Derrig LP Copy when he went to the studio to record Appetite for Destruction--and he recorded the album (along with most of the songs on many albums to come) with that guitar.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
Slash actually picked up his Chris Derrig LP Copy when he went to the studio to record Appetite for Destruction--and he recorded the album (along with most of the songs on many albums to come) with that guitar.

i'm pretty sure his manager gave it to him, i think he said that in hsi book but i'm not completely sure
Quote by slashfan31
i'm pretty sure his manager gave it to him, i think he said that in hsi book but i'm not completely sure

his manager did give it to him. because he was in the studio with his B.C. Rich and Jackson guitars, and they sounded like shit. so his manager brough in this chirs derrig replica '59 les paul. i think he broke the neck in two sometime in the nineties, not sure though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.