Page 1 of 3
search bar comes up with nothing like this so....

time to discuss possibly the best prog band ever... RUSH!!

GO!
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
Saw Rush at SECC, Glasgow in October 2007!

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
What's this about?

To the right of the stage. I was really confused, they looked like Lee's amps, but halfway through the gig, some guy came on dressed as a chef, opened the front of the amp like a cooker/fridge, and started oily what looked like roast chickens!!

What's the story!?

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Rush has been playing with a variety of appliances and such items on stage for a while... probably the most common has been the coin operated front loading dryer... which they will periodically have somebody feed it quarters so it keeps running. It's because they're weird...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
i love rush, Limelight is my favorite song.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
lol i went to that concert and the chef came out i was like wtf? it was so amazing tho the lights they used were like 6 hexagons up above them and they could all move a different times and they played between the wheels they were blue flashin movin all over the place it was like the best light show ive ever seen. awesome concert too bad they didnt play working man tho lol i took like literaly(and i counted) 135 pics on my phone of that concert lol it was crazy

edit: just wanted to add the lights for spirit of radio was 4762789364578 times more amazing than between the wheels ill put a pic up if i can find one
Attachments:
between the wheels.jpg
spirit of radio.jpg
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by Stuarttt-1
What's this about?

To the right of the stage. I was really confused, they looked like Lee's amps, but halfway through the gig, some guy came on dressed as a chef, opened the front of the amp like a cooker/fridge, and started oily what looked like roast chickens!!

What's the story!?

hahahaha its a joke

since Geddy has stopped using bass amplifiers they have replaced them with appliances (dont as me why)

Oh and by the way that chef dude you mentioned is actually Rush's main cook, Frenchie (real name Bruce French). They did it as a joke to make the concert even better.
****er
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
If Rush was a fast food place they'd be White Castle cuz there cheap and they give people the runs
^you're a troll, leave this thread before you get castrated with a rusty spoon

anyway Rush is one of the greatest bands on this planet in my opinion and i saw them twice this year and want to see them again in July.

that being said there's a Rush only thread in the classic rock forum
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Look you either love rush or you dont, and if you dont go **** off and create an anti rush forum cuz wed rather jus talk about how we have taste in music and like them.
Quote by Amerikhastan
Seeing them in May... I hope...

Where at?
I'm seeing them May 3rd in Reno, Nevada.
I bought 2 tickets but then my GF an I broke up so as of yet, I have no one to see them with yet.
It will be the sixth time I have seen them.
They major kick ass.
Alex Lifeson is my favorite guitarist of all time.
WHAT?! you just flamed them so much

btw for doing that ur in the top ten of my enemies list, bastard
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
I have tickets for May 29th! Skipping my sister's grad ceremony/banquet to go see them.
I'm going to see them on May 8th!!! and then somehow need to recuperate in time for my sister's graduation the next day. =p I want to replace the neck on my Jazz Bass with a 70's neck, Geddy style.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
I only recently got into Rush. I'd gone years without realising how awesome they are. To think it only took the first few seconds of Tom Sawyer to make me buy Moving Pictures almost totally blind, followed a bunch of other albums – Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, A Farewell To Kings, Signals and Grace Under Pressure.

Again, all those were bought blind without listening to a single track. Currently awaiting the arrival of 2112, and then I'll keep going backwards and forwards like I've been doing so far. The aim is to get every one until Rush and Presto, after which I'll give their '90s stuff a try.

Favourite songs at the moment – Countdown (totally in love with the verse that goes "All systems check... T-minus 9"), Limelight, The Camera Eye, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit Of Radio, and Cygnus X-1.
I might see them soon I hope
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Well, I have 6 of their albums and have seen them twice. Great band.

Hemispheres is the best album ever.
LOL
A Farewell to Kings is one of the most perfect albums I've ever heard. Signals is also great although there's a couple of stinkers on there. I don't at all see the excitement about Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves, I think Hemispheres and 2112 own these two into oblivion.

Fly by Night is also a seldom mentioned favourite of mine.

Saw them last October and they were excellent, the tightest band Ive ever seen, but does anyone else really, really, really wish they'd been around 30 years ago to see them? Imagine seeing Cygnus and 2112 live in their entirities(pl?) with everyone in the audience stoned out of their brains...
Thank God im an atheist
Ok, so, bearing in mind that I'm more into metal and the like than old-school prog, where would you guys recommend a Rush-n00b like me start?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ 2112 will win anyone over...

Also, it is blasphemous to say this as an avid Rush fan, but is Snakes and Arrows good? I haven't heard it yet.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i liked snakes and arrows a lot. i would consider it a top 10 and maybe even top 5 album for rush. i haven't read any reviews on it so i don't really know what the general opinion about it is. some of my friends like it more than a farewell to kings or moving pictures.
Neil Pert is the best drummer in rock music ever, if you wanna argue that ill kill you.
His drum solo's are the best.
I saw them live before I really had any of their music, and now I love them.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by lobster624
i liked snakes and arrows a lot. i would consider it a top 10 and maybe even top 5 album for rush. i haven't read any reviews on it so i don't really know what the general opinion about it is. some of my friends like it more than a farewell to kings or moving pictures.

More than Kings??? Blashphemy.

I'm seeing them JUNE 28TH!
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Quote by darkstar2466
^ 2112 will win anyone over...

Also, it is blasphemous to say this as an avid Rush fan, but is Snakes and Arrows good? I haven't heard it yet.

I loved Snakes and Arrows. As a whole, I thought it sounded a bit calmer and more laid back than the other Rush albums that I've heard, but its tracks are consistently solid.

EDIT: Having newly listened to the acoustic licks in your profile, I wholeheartedly recommend that you buy or pirate Snakes and Arrows. One of them (I've now forgotten which) made me think of The Main Monkey Business, my favorite of the album's instrumentals.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by GID (Shamrock)
If Rush was a fast food place they'd be White Castle cuz there cheap and they give people the runs

Whit Castle kicks ass!
Rush is one of the best bands ever. Geddy Lee is argueably THE best bassist ever. Neil Peart is an excellent drummer. Alex Lifeson is overshadowed by the first two, but he is a great guitarist and Rush wouldn't be the same without him. Moving Pictures, 2112, and A Farewell to Kings are my favorite albums of theirs.
Quote by GuitarBassDude
search bar comes up with nothing like this so....

time to discuss possibly the best prog band ever... RUSH!!

GO!

possibly the best prog band ever?
definetly the best BAND ever!
Quote by lobster624
i liked snakes and arrows a lot. i would consider it a top 10 and maybe even top 5 album for rush.

As would I. In fact, I'd definitely consider it a Top 5 for Rush. When I purchased the album and listened to it the first time my initial reflection (overall) was "Meh." I enjoyed songs such as Far Cry, The Main Monkey Business, and We Hold On, but the rest of the album wasn't anything special.

Shortly thereafter I saw Rush live. I had listened to the album several more times prior to that, and it had grown on me some more, but it wasn't until after the Rush concert that I really liked the album. I'm not sure if I simply appreciated it more because I saw the work that was put into it replicated before me, or if my mind accepted the mastery of it.

Snakes & Arrows is now one of my most listened to Rush albums.
Page 1 of 3