Lets say I have a cheap guitar... (A Johnson Jaguar copy to be exact)

Lets say I have non-brand humbuckers....

Lets say I take out the neck one and put a good seymour duncan in...

Would it sound bad?
Would it sound weird?
Do you not know what it would sound like and do you think it's risky?

Help :'(
depends ,whats it made out of? (if its alder, mahogany yes) do you like the feel of the guitar? if not then just save and buy another. (ps wat amp do u have, if its a crappy ss amp then i wont make much diffrence.)
If you do a good job changing it out, then it should sound better.

What amp are you using? If your amp is no good, then pickups won't matter that much.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Lets say you tell us what the body is made out of, what amp you are using, do you have any experience with modifying your guitars? What type of music you play and what pickups are you going to put in it
its only a peavy backstage amp but for i do a regular gig where they have good amps and im getting a new one next year.
i like the feel of the guitar.

i think its alder.
Last edited by EdawMail at Feb 2, 2008,
i play from blues to funk.
i like the humbucker sound but mine just sound cheep.

EDIT: Oh, and who's p***** in sum-ugly-man's tea this morning?
Last edited by EdawMail at Feb 2, 2008,
i think a pearly gate would be a good pick. are planning on swapping them?
we both joined in the same month.
Quote by EdawMail

hes just getting to the point of things is all
Quote by EdawMail

nice job you did there, you asked for help without being specific, and giving us very little information. Bravo

UGLY EDIT: You should get your amp decent amp first, because you can't really rely on other people's gear and stuff. Wait for the new seymour duncan, it can split from a p90 and single coil combo to either a p-90 or a single coil. Amazingly versatile
Quote by sum_ugly_man
nice job you did there, you asked for help without being specific, and giving us very little information. Bravo

soz, didnt really know what you needed to know

oh, and iv remembered its rosewood... im screwed right?
Quote by EdawMail
soz, didnt really know what you needed to know

oh, and iv remembered its rosewood... im screwed right?

The body is rose wood or the neck?
Quote by EdawMail

How do you expect help if you don't put any information in your post. It gets very frustrating when people don't give you all the information and still expect answers.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
and thanks...

and i realised it was me who p****** in his tea... sorry... id take it back if i could
Quote by EdawMail
im gonna leave it.
save up for a better amp me thinks.

If you really like the feel of the guitar then I would change the pickups but if you don't then I suggest you either trade it in or sell it. OR you can just save up for a better guitar.

A real fender perhaps? You might wanna take a look at some of the Mexican models. They are not as bad as people think they are. There are some Mexican guitars out there that are almost as good as American ones, except you don't have to lose an arm and a leg to buy them.

And you can mod them the way you like. I'm planning to get a Mexican strat and then mod it my way

UGLY EDIT:

Its all good bro, no hard feelings
Since you have decided on amps i reccomned Tubes all the way, and the amp tht im thinking would be a peavey valveking 112. Or i you want solidstate get a Peavey bandit.
Look into an used Fender Hot rod Deville, it has orgasmic cleans, but the built in OD isn't all that good. But that's why god gave us pedals