Hello, I like the sound of time is running out.
I know that MUSE play with an AKAI DEEP IMPACT. ( i cannot afford it)
I was wondering if i could get a similar sound from ME-50B
Or should i buy an EH BASS SYNTH?

I was thinking of the pedalboard but if there is a big quality deference please tell me...

Thanks!
Quote by iassael
Hello, I like the sound of time is running out.
I know that MUSE play with an AKAI DEEP IMPACT. ( i cannot afford it)
I was wondering if i could get a similar sound from ME-50B
Or should i buy an EH BASS SYNTH?

I was thinking of the pedalboard but if there is a big quality deference please tell me...

Thanks!

First, try the search bar. There will be flaming

Personally I really didn't like the sounds of the EH, thought it seems to please a lot of people.

For time is running out, Chris recorded the bassline with an actual synthesizer, blended with a very subby bass part. Live I believe he uses a backing track, not his Deep impact pedal.

Here's link to him playing it live with a synth: Linky
look i know... and i tried to search but i would be greatful if you could help me...
I already have a big muff but i cannot afford to buy a Deep Impact...
So what could i use instead of this?
Could EH BMS be close to this sound?
Quote by iassael
look i know... and i tried to search but i would be greatful if you could help me...
I already have a big muff but i cannot afford to buy a Deep Impact...
So what could i use instead of this?
Could EH BMS be close to this sound?

The EH bass microsynth can do a lot of synth like tones, but not the one in that particular song. You could try a boss synth pedal, though the tracking on it is awful.

The big muff will not get you Chris's sound. Although he uses one, he bi-amps and uses other effects with it.

In short, the only way to achieve the Time is running out sound without buying an expensive Akai sb1, Korg G5 or midi-bass system is to buy an actual synth.
The Line 6 POD is supposed to have a VERY good synth sound.

But you should try them all out.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
If you pretty much buy any keyboard synth, you can most likely pull off that tone - it's very square-wavy (I believe). Not very uncommon. Listen to anything Justice does - they use that tone all the time.