Page 1 of 2
Yes people, to start off with our nice member Riffhog was at NAMM as most people know. He got me some REALLY nice stuff there. Here are some of the stuff he got me:

To start with, lots and lots of pics, as this picture tells you.

Lots of stickers too. The pic is missing an Orange sticker, which I put on Gary!

Lots of Brown Note stuff, including a CD.

A very nice Brown Note pick.

Some Monster stickers.

This calender from Boss.

Jimi Hendrix wristband.

Since as you all know I love Orange, this shirt is PERFECT! I'm wearing it ATM, very NICE!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009

Singed Yngwie poster. It's in Swedish too, since I'm a Swede.

A close up of "Rocka på för fan", which in Swedish means Rock on, goddamnit!

A signed George Lynch poster.

A signed Billy Sheehan poster for Affe (my best friend a bass player in my band, huge fan)

A Micheal Anthony poster for Affe (again he's a huge fan)

A TM Stevens poster for Affe.

Another poster for Affe!

I also got some other stuff, but the pics didn't turn out to good on them and I'm too lazy to take new ones (it was other stuff like pins and keychains). I also got an EMG and Orange catalouge. Randy, THANKS LOTS for doing this.

Spam thread follows in next post.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

This is content of two days, yesterday (Friday) and today (Saturday).

Day 1:
During school me and two friend were jamming with some bluesy stuff. I was playing piano and my other two friends were playing guitar and contrabass (!). My friend had borrowed my last pick and when he gave it to me I dropped it under the piano. I couldn't get it out. So what the heck I thought, I'll buy some new ones. So I went into town after school and bought new picks. The shop was empty, so I thought I might as well try some stuff.

Gibson Les Paul Standard: This was a beautyful standard, I loved how it played. It had a fantastic acoustic tone, just wonderful. Had a very nice 60's neck and a wonderful Lemon Burst finish. It comes loaded with Burstbucker Pros and while most people here know what I think of the regular Burstbuckers, I really don't like the Pros. The Pros have Alnico V magnets instead of II (but real PAFs had Alnico IV!). That means they are brighter and IMO that makes them way too trebly and bright. Ran through the 1974x and the Blues Deluxe.

Marshall 1974x 18W reissue: As most people know I'm soon an owner of an 18W kit (by Brown Note btw). The one I have is the so called Lite, which is only the normal channel. So I tried it out to know what to expect (haven't played one for a while so). The normal channel had a nice "clean" (even though it was clean, it was still pushed and compressed) and started overdriving at 3. When you got to about 4 the amp was a bit louder (about band volumes) and from there on it didn't get much louder really. It had a wonderful JTM45 type sound with the very nice compression and a WONDERFUL blues and classic rock tone. Loved this channel. The tone knob worked nicely. Still a bit bright, but probably because of the open back cab and the Celestion G12M. The tremolo channel, had slightly more gain, but so much treble it was unplayable. If felt like a SPIKE through your ears. It was just way too much. It could also have been because of the pups too...

Fender Blues Deluxe: Well to start with, I HATE the fact Fender uses linear pots on this, because on 1 it was as loud as the 18W on 3-4! It's just such a LAME marketing ploy. So how did it sound? Well the cleans were good, a bit bright though. But the overdrive was nice at low blues levels. A great blues amp. Got to classic rock levels in gain and over that it wouldn't have worked. The Blues Deluxe has less gain than the Hot Rod, which is good, because it STAYS at the gain levels where it sounds GOOD!

Fender Stratocaster '57 Reissue: Very nice guitar, played great, nice sounds. Played through the Super Champ.

Fender Super Champ XD: Call me dumb, but I find the XD in the name OVERLY funny. But I had to try it, since I like the idea of a modeling tube amp. The clean channel was nice, didn't play on it long, so I didn't think much about it, but like Fender-y cleans, nice. Then came the amp models. The clean Tweed model sounded very boring, missing the "character" of the clean channel. Same with the clean Blackface channels. But the low gain- meduim gain settings sounded great. My favourite model was number 7, based on an AC30 having a great overdrive, sounding like a classic tube overdrive. The effects were so so, but the reverb was nice (the spring emulation at least) and the Vibratone Leslie emulation was very good. The high gain was VERY fizzy and lacked bottom end. This is a very good alternative to the Vox AD30VTs, being good for clean- medium gain tones. Will do up to hair metal.

Day 2:
Today me and my friend Johan (who LOVES to play t3h br00talz death metal!) went into a two stores to try some things. Also today I wore my Orange shirt and in the shop two persons came up and asked for help. I said I didnt work there, but because of my knowledge I could help them. Both persons were satisfied by my help.

Gibson Les Paul Standard: Used one, played very nice. Ran through the Laney.

Laney VC30: Hadn't played one for a while so it was time to catch up. Both times were also with guitars that wasn't very good either. The clean channel was nice, delivered good blues and jazz cleans. But the overdrive channel was great. The amp had a wonderful crunch, everything from that classic Eric Clapton during the Bluesbreakers up to 80's hair metal sounded FANTASTIC theough it. The high gain sounds wasn't too good and the amp started to sound quite fizz-y on those levels. But the medium gain on this amp was just pure s3x. Highly recommended.

Next shop
Epiphone Joe Perry Les Paul: It's one of the better Epiphones, I really like it. Better than Gibsons in the same pricerange. One of the best Epis IMO. Went through the Line6.

Washburn Strat: Played very nice, also went through the LIne6.

Line6 Spider Valve 1x12 combo: I have heard this amp was prety bad. So my expectations were low. But then I plugged in and tuned up (inbuilt tuner!) and started paying. The cleans were pretty good, gave me a good jazz tones. Neither of the clean sounds stood out, but they sounded pretty good. Next came the blues models. First I found them to have a lot of gain, so I had the gain pretty low (below 5) and I got a great tone. The first one (Vox style) got a pretty good sound for classic pop and stuff and got a great blues tone with the Strat. The second one based on the JTM45 was GREAT, I loved it. Had a great crunch. The crunch models were nice too, especially the second one was GREAT for 80's metal and Van Halen stuff. Then came the metal models, which sounded ok with the Les Paul. The last insane model was a great lead setting I found out! But my friend tried it with an Ibanez with EMGs and it had a GREAT metal tone. I also liked the presets a lot. Some of them had too much gain, but the Custard Pie preset sounded SPOT ON, like the record. The Hearbreaker preset was THE TONE for the whole Led Zeppelin II album (also being better than the so- so Leom Song preset). The Back In Black preset was also spot on. There were a lot of ZZ Top presets, all very nice sounding, very close (some having too much gain though). The Wind Cries Mary had way too much gain, but it felt like it was made to roll off the volume and you got the tone. They Hey Joe was a bit bass-y but still nice. I also liked the SRV tones a lot. I know a lot people here don't like the amp, but I was impressed. It was a lot better than the regular Spiders and IMO the best modeling amp out there of those I've heard. If you need a very versatile amp, this is the amp to go with. It does close to all tones great, has some very nice presets and all round a good tone. I also think this is a step in the right direction, combining digital modeling with anlougue tube circuits. If I was honest, I could live with having this amp and no other amps, because it could do so many things and did a lot of them very well. Didn't try all the effects, but the reverb and delay was great. I didn't think it sounded sterile at all, it sounded JUST like a tube amp should IMO.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

*Leaves thread jealous*
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
sounds great!!!!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
nice to hear good things about the spider valve

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah I really liked it. I began thinking about getting one later on for me and Affe's studio, it would fit perfectly there.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Marshall 1974x 18W reissue: As most people know I'm soon an owner of an 18W kit (by Brown Note btw). The one I have is the so called Lite, which is only the normal channel. So I tried it out to know what to expect (haven't played one for a while so). The normal channel had a nice "clean" (even though it was clean, it was still pushed and compressed) and started overdriving at 3. When you got to about 4 the amp was a bit louder (about band volumes) and from there on it didn't get much louder really. It had a wonderful JTM45 type sound with the very nice compression and a WONDERFUL blues and classic rock tone. Loved this channel. The tone knob worked nicely. Still a bit bright, but probably because of the open back cab and the Celestion G12M. The tremolo channel, had slightly more gain, but so much treble it was unplayable. If felt like a SPIKE through your ears. It was just way too much. It could also have been because of the pups too...

i really liked this amp
i played it through a stereo setup of 2 matching 2x12 marshall cabs and thought it was really really ****en nice, especially with that vox tube booster in front of it
i just dont get why it has to be that expensive

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Yeah me too, like you can get a kit for like a third of the price. The kits mostly uses better transformers and so on.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

You know I'm a bit interested in the D'Lite; do those flyers have any information which isn't on their website?
nice man
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
^not really sorry.

If you want I could upload the CD later on for you to listen to!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^not really sorry.

If you want I could upload the CD later on for you to listen to!

Does it have other soundclips than their website?

Thanks for the spam, btw!
that was some good stuff. entertaining all the way through.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^^Yes it's a CD with Chuck D'Aloia and another guy.

^ Hadn't done one for a while so it had to be good.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Yeah me too, like you can get a kit for like a third of the price. The kits mostly uses better transformers and so on.

true true..

soo many things i need to get

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^But you could get a Harley Benton GA5 and get a Marshall mod kit maybe?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Good read.

Great spam as usual/
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Gabel
^But you could get a Harley Benton GA5 and get a Marshall mod kit maybe?

i could do that, but i could also get a blackheart

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Gabe. I hate you. You better sig this or I'll find you and steal all your stuff..including your Orange amp.

Jokes!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Wait Hendriko weren't you planning on getting a Vox AC30?

Quote by hendriko
i could do that, but i could also get a blackheart

And good choice on the Marshalls, are you planning on modding the Blackheart to sound Marshall-esque?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 2, 2008,
I like the green MXR pick

I don't like that the Jimi Hendrix™ signature is trademarked

I don't like Yngwie's face

I like the Orange t-shirt

.........did you notice if the Gibson Les Paul's felt a little lighter than usual?
Awesome reviews. Esp the VC. :P: Less pics of magazines and guitar picks and more gearz plzzzrz.

Good to hear you like teh new valve spiders, came very close to trying one today actually. But passed it off because it was meh, a spider.
Quote by Gutch220
I like the green MXR pick

I don't like that the Jimi Hendrix™ signature is trademarked

I don't like Yngwie's face

I like the Orange t-shirt

.........did you notice if the Gibson Les Paul's felt a little lighter than usual?

It did!

The used one I tried today was way heavei than Gary, like a ROCK, while the new one was quite light!

Yeah I hate the fac tit's trademarked.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

what year is Gary?

Here is an excerp from another thread:
Les Paul bodies used to be mostly solid with routing for pick-ups and wiring. This was because light-weight mahagony was readily available at a descent price. After a while this wood was becoming scarce so around 1980ish a heavier mahagony was used and 9 holes were drilled partially into the body to try and keep the weight similar. These holes WERE NOT all the way through the back of the guitar. It is possible to have a Les Paul that weighs more with these 9 weight-relieved holes than an earlier "solid" version. About a year ago Gibson decided to fix what wasn't broken and started chambering their Les Pauls. This chambering significanly reduces the weight of the guitar and no doubt effects the tone. IMO, the heavier the Les Paul, the better. Gibson has been keeping this hush-hush so now instead of having a nice Les Paul between 8-10 lbs you'll get one that's 6-8 lbs.
Last edited by Gutch220 at Feb 2, 2008,
Winning thread. The Orange shirt is gorgeous.

Great stuff on the line6 too, great to see someone who isn't biased by the Spider name.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
^I love the shirt. Too bad you can't see the artwork, it's gorgeus (very psychedelic)

Quote by Gutch220
what year is Gary?

Here is an excerp from another thread:
Les Paul bodies used to be mostly solid with routing for pick-ups and wiring. This was because light-weight mahagony was readily available at a descent price. After a while this wood was becoming scarce so around 1980ish a heavier mahagony was used and 9 holes were drilled partially into the body to try and keep the weight similar. These holes WERE NOT all the way through the back of the guitar. It is possible to have a Les Paul that weighs more with these 9 weight-relieved holes than an earlier "solid" version. About a year ago Gibson decided to fix what wasn't broken and started chambering their Les Pauls. This chambering significanly reduces the weight of the guitar and no doubt effects the tone. IMO, the heavier the Les Paul, the better. Gibson has been keeping this hush-hush so now instead of having a nice Les Paul between 8-10 lbs you'll get one that's 6-8 lbs.

Actually I believe that was a chamebred one, because the guitar had a beatuiful acoustic ring, similar to that of a real hollow body. Could also explain why it lacked bottom end.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Also, your guitar guitar is a studio which most likely has a different weight than "Standards" which would explain why your guitar was lighter than older standards but heavier than newer standards...I guess
^Yeah that makes a lot sense, since it has a thinner body. Still it had a much beefier tones than the new standard, which it lacked.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i want some D:
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Didn't bother reading anything after the pix.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
How's the Spider Valve compared to other higher end Line 6's, Flextone and Vetta?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I haven't tried them. What I liked with the Spider Valve was that it did really have that tube amp character, because of the actual tubes, it responded just like a tube amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Page 1 of 2