I bought a Jackson DKMG about 3-4 months ago (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231) After I had played one at the local shop and fell in love with it. I loved the body,the Floyd,The reverse headstock,pickups,everything.

Well,the EMG's are what really turned me on the this thing because in the store they obsolutely SCREAMED. Pinch Harmonics (which I love,Zakk Wylde style) were easy as pie. Well,My Emg's....not so much.

They sound VERY,VERY muddy and flat. You can barely get off a Pinch Harmonic and solos sound very choppy. At first I thought maybe it was my Amp because i've had my Marshall for awhile and the distortion isnt the greatest. BUT,I have a Schecter C1Elite that I can hit Pinches fine with on the Marshall. I've tried my Jackson on my friends Mesa Boogie and still,no scream. I've replaced the 9volt,raised the pickups,done about everything I knew to do.

Does anyone else have this problem with the EMG's? Or somehow could it be the Guitar? I havent had it set up or anything since I ordered it but I dont see why that would make it sound so muddy when my Schecter sounds fine and it has Seymour Duncan Pickups.

I need help!
Hm, volume knobs?, pots?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
that's odd. the emg's were fine before though? it sounds exactly like the battery is dying, but you said you already changed it. try lowering the pickups, having them too high makes them muddy.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
No the EMG's in the stores Guitar were fine. My Guitar has been muddy since I got it. Like I said,i've checked everything. I've cleaned the Pots,checked volume knobs,the wiring,changed batteries. But the sound is just still flat and dull.
Quote by xshredheadfredx
No the EMG's in the stores Guitar were fine. My Guitar has been muddy since I got it. Like I said,i've checked everything. I've cleaned the Pots,checked volume knobs,the wiring,changed batteries. But the sound is just still flat and dull.

Did you buy the one you tried out? (display model)
If your pickups are deffective just demand a refund or a new set of EMG's.

OR....if you want you could purchase some Seymour Duncan Blackouts .

Hope it works out for you .
Or, what happen to my schecter, i needed to push the input jack in a little harder than my other guitar
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
No. I didnt have the money at the time so about a month later I ordered mine off Musicians friend. My friend has a cheap Ibanez which has pickups Designed by EMG in it,not even actual 81's or 85's and those suckers scream 10x better then mine
Yea I tried the input jack thing too because my Schecter used to do that also. But nope. Still no kick.
Did you make sure the quik connect strips didnt come loose, that happened to me in a gig before ha
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Yea i've checked out all the wiring. I've had to rewire my Schecter a couple times because its had some problems so I know what connects to where. I checked it all out and it was fine.

I dont know. I know EMG's arent supposed to sound like this though,thats for sure. lol
try using the bridge pup with tone knob on full
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Hears a checklist.. Most you have done but figured someone else might need it.

Take a voltage meter and make sure the pickup is getting 9v's.
Make sure cable is plugged in all the way.
Battery is good.
Volume and tone knob is all the way up.
Pickup is connected.
Solder joints are all solid and nothing came loose.
Make sure the groud is good.
Raise pickup pretty darn close to the strings.
If all that fails, take it back...