Hallo everybody. im gonne buy a new amp. i looked at the line 6 flexton XL. is it any good? I love to play metall but like also to play som blues and classic rock also.i love zakk wylde's sound. i want an all around amp. my budget is about 1900US $ or 10 000 NOK.
everyone here is gonna tell you to buy a tube combo.....in my opinion, the flextone would suit you, it will cover all the sounds your after.....go play one at your shop, and if you dig it the by all mean invest....this site should be called ''ultimate tube forever''
I like the Flextone quite a bit actually. It's great if you need a big versatility range. If you need modeling but want valve tones, check out the Hughes & Kettner Switchblade or a Spider Valve. I believe they both come in combo format.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
the spider valve sounded muddy and dead on the clean channel....i had such high hopes for the spiva, but i personaly hated it...the flextone is much better IMHO
Quote by Rahab
the spider valve sounded muddy and dead on the clean channel....i had such high hopes for the spiva, but i personaly hated it...the flextone is much better IMHO

Meh, I don't really expect much from Line 6 in the clean department tbh. I wasn't to keen on it either but the Insane and crunch channels are fairly decent, and you could probably get a fairly usable clean tone with a bit of tweaking.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.