could anyone recommend any great Symphony X albums? i have Paradise Lost (just bought it to see how they sounded), and its pretty badass. im just looking for any others that they have that are as cool or even better than that album.

also, are there any particular Porcupine Tree albums that are great? ive head Deadwing and Fear of a Blank Planet, so you know.

any great Steve Morse albums? ive heard his playing and i dig it, but im interested in what his better/best albums feats have been. any album by him/that hes played on works. i have this "prime cuts" album which i dont really count, and i know he plays on the album Rhythm of Time by Jordan Rudess.

i have a few yngwie albums, but feel free to recommend your favorite. same goes with Frank Zappa and Paul Gilbert (have Get Out Of My Yard)

i have Friday Night In San Francisco already.

any other bands (preferably specific albums) that youd recommend would be helpful.

heres a list of bands that i dont need to know anything else about (meaning i probably have all their stuff already ):

Al DiMeola
Buckethead
Dream Theater
Eric Johnson
Guthrie Govan
James Robinson
Joe Satriani
John McLaughlin
John Petrucci
Jordan Rudess
Liquid Tension Experiment (Liquid Trio Experiment as well)
Dave Martone
Pat Metheny
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Tool

i know theres a lot of music out there that im not aware of that is awesome... help me out here.

i also give recommendations about any of the listed bands if youre curious about them (ie never heard of them before).
Rising Force by Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker
anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra.
i shall look into this jason becker, and ive heard a bit of TSO.. not really sure which to pay money for. have the malmsteen
Symphony X-Divine Wings of Tragedy
Symphony X-V
Symphony X-The Odyssey
Vinnie Moore-Time Odyssey and Minds Eye
Tony MacAlpine-Edge of Insanity and Maximum Security.
for symphony x get the divine wings of tragedy and the odyssey and v: the new mythology suite(normally referred to as V).

for steve morse check out the dixie dregs and the steve morse band. for the dregs i would recommend getting free fall and then what if or industry standard. for the steve morse band i would say either stressfest or split decision.

if you like yngwie get rising force or trilogy.

for zappa you should probably get apostrophe('), overnite sensation, hot rats, or freak out!.

i prefer gilberts stuff with racer x so check out superheroes, second heat, or street lethal.

im also gonna agree with the guy who said jason becker, but instead of just getting perpetual burn get perspective also. you won't regret it.
Quote by Guitar_Poet

i have a few yngwie albums, but feel free to recommend your favorite. same goes with Frank Zappa and Paul Gilbert (have Get Out Of My Yard)

i know theres a lot of music out there that im not aware of that is awesome... help me out here.

i also give recommendations about any of the listed bands if youre curious about them (ie never heard of them before).

Paul Gilbert: The first Racer X album, 'Street Lethal', will always be his best. Like a supercharged Judas Priest with Yngwie shredding leads. All the other RX studio discs are solid as well. One of my fave Gilbert discs is his 'Tribute to Jimi Hendrix', recorded 1991 at the Frankfurt Jazz Festival. That's hard to find though.

As for Yngwie - 'Rising Force' is the ultimate! Alcatrazz - 'No Parole From Rock'n'Roll' is easily his best vocal album. Both 'Marching Out' and 'Trilogy' are very good as well. 'Seventh Sign' is by far his best 90's album, not counting the all covers 'Inspiration' which is awesome (Yngwie does songs by Deep Purple, UK, Rush, Kansas, Rainbow, etc.).

More stuff for you to check out:

- almost anything by Jeff Kollman, especially the Cosmosquad albums and his '99 disc 'Shedding Skin'. Technically superb, very versatile (much like Morse), super tasty and a great songwriter to boot. Check him out on MySpace www.myspace.com/officialcosmosquad Btw, there is a great Jeff video interview posted elsewhere on UG!

- Ron Jarzombek (Vai meets Zappa or thereabouts); this guy is a mad guitar scientist and one of the most original/advanced players ever! He's feat. on the new Marty Freidman Japan live DVD and has an insane new project called Blotted Science. His previous mostly instrumental band Spastic Ink is equally nutty. www.myspace.com/ronjarzombek Also, he took part in the first Gordian Knot album which feat. players from King Crimson, Cynic, and Dream Theater. Great disc!

- Mathias Eklundh (another Vai influenced freak, signed to Steve's label, too); his latest is Art Metal with fellow Swedish madmen Jonas Hellborg and the Johansson Bros. (ex-Yngwie). Check out his band Freak Kitchen www.myspace.com/freakguitar

- Shawn Lane - basically the greatest electric guitarist ever! Numerous albums with Jonas Hellborg on bass - 'Abstract Logic' being the best. Also, Shawn's 'The Powers of Ten' is essential. Check out all the Lane vids floating around on YouTube and be amazed!

- Richie Kotzen (replaced Paul Gilbert in Mr.Big) tons of albums in different styles, from hard rock to fusion to 70's funk/R&B influenced stuff. 'Inner Galactic Fusion Experience' is essential if you dig Holdsworthian fusion legato playing.

If you're into Yngwie and Symphony X you gotta check out the neo-classical Shrapnel brigade from the mid to late 80's, i.e.:
- Tony MacAlpine: Maximum Security & Edge of Insanity
- Vinnie Moore: Mind's Eye & Time Odessey (w/ a young Jordan Rudess on keys!)
- Joey Tafolla: Out of the Sun
- Jason Becker: Perpetual Burn
- Marty Friedman: Dragon's Kiss
&
- Greg Howe: pretty much anything!

Last but not least - gotta hear the original Megadeth lead guitarist Chris Poland and his band Ohm! Chris sounds a bit like a cross between of Holdsworth and Eric Johnson - amazing style, phrasing and tone. Ohm's music is very fusion-y. Chris most metal album is his first disc after he left Megadeth, 'Return to Metalopolis' which sounds like instr. 'deth.

There is tons and tons more - but these will keep you busy for a while.