Try Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. Ideally, any lighter gauge string would work just as well.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Rotosounds are also fantastic for slap bass.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
I'm a huge Rotosound fan (I think I made the group, I don't recall), but I think nickel strings are much better for slap than stainless - smoother feeling and sounding, it reduces slap harshness and string grippiness. Rotosounds DO come in nickel, but they're primarily a stainless steel string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I use to use ernie ball hybrids but now I use rotosounds, I will never buy ernie balls again
Last edited by Miss G at Feb 2, 2008,
It looks like Rotosound won my vote, but does it matter what kind i get or can i just go with the cheap $16 ones?
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Swing Bass '66's are what you want, if you want Rotos.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
That be them.

Just to throw another contender in the mix, I've recently converted to Warwick EMP strings. Very long life due to the coating, but they also have a very nice growl to them.

Just thorwing another brand into the mix.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
EB Super slinkies or Roto 66 lighter gauge work for me. I tend to achieve a better slap tone with the lighter gauge.
Quote by anarkee
EB Super slinkies or Roto 66 lighter gauge work for me. I tend to achieve a better slap tone with the lighter gauge.

+ 1

currently got 40-95 gauge swing 66 rotos (or as the man who sold them to me put it, girly gauged strings) but for slap they are top notch, especially now they are a bit worn in and so are a bit less BRIGHT and now just bright

I think rotos last longer than EB's in general
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
John Entwistle: Geddy lee: Stanley Clarke: Duff: Billy Sheehan........
All have that punch & growel from their tone. That comes from Rotosound Rs66's.
I love that tone for Slap and use gauge- 35:55:80:105- light top heavy bottom:
I dont know if you guys are aware, but rotosound does have a kind of string called funk master. I convinced my little brother to get some and they're pretty good for a slap sound with proper eq, the gague of course is extremely light though. swings may be better overall.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Personally I like to roll of the highs and play thick ass round wounds for slapping and popping....It seems I'm the only in the world who prefers that sound though.
Please refrain from posting in long dead threads. This one hasn't seen the light of day in 8 years.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass