I am looking at buying another guitar and I want to stick with Ibanez because I absolutely love my fixed bridge RG. I am looking at getting an Ibanez S series with their ZR tremolo. My question is, would I be able to put a higher gauge strings on it and tune it to C? Will this be hard to set up?

Btw, the models I am looking at are the S520 or the S620.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
It would be easy to set the bridge because of the roller knob. I have an S 7 string and it works great for ability to adjust. word of warning tho, get more than 1 whammy bar, i snapped mine the other day doing dime squeels so if you're into that sorta bar abuse, be prepared. But for having 9's in C (standard or drop?), it'd be a bit flabby, but you'd be able to work it out with the trem in a little bit of adjusting.
Quote by bowen
It would be easy to set the bridge because of the roller knob. I have an S 7 string and it works great for ability to adjust. word of warning tho, get more than 1 whammy bar, i snapped mine the other day doing dime squeels so if you're into that sorta bar abuse, be prepared. But for having 9's in C (standard or drop?), it'd be a bit flabby, but you'd be able to work it out with the trem in a little bit of adjusting.

how in the hell did you snap your bar in half?!
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
Thanks a lot, I figured It would work well, but I just wanted to make sure before I go into my local guitar shop... the owners a douche and he probably would have yelled at me if i was wrong.