Well, it seems I'm posting somewhat regularly again on here, so I have another song for you all. =)

I started on this one a while back and left it unfinished. So I finished it last night, and decided to post on here.

My brother says it sounds like a mix of In Flames, Tool circa Lateralus, and some other band I can't think of. But it was written after listening to Systematic Chaos (Dream Theater) and it sounds like one of their heavier songs (to me and my dad at least).

It's around 2 minutes and 43 seconds long. It's RSE compatible (I wrote it with RSE on because of pinch harmonics and it sounds a lot better than midi).

And I hope you all enjoy. As usual, I'll check out your stuff if you check out mine, even if you don't ask. lol
Attachments:
Dark Perpetual Bliss.zip
Wow.... That was.... incredibly cool, and yet.... insane. There's some tricky rhythm's in there, as well some very enjoyable technical guitar work.

I loved the break and the verse, but I thought the chorus seemed a bit... off....

Nice job.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Sounds like BTBAM. I disliked the intro riff but the sweeps in it were good. The verse was tight. The break fit in very nicely considering how much of a contrast it is. The guitars worked well together. All together it was really sweet and would be way better with a band and live recording, can you by chance play this?
Quote by Burning_Angel
Wow.... That was.... incredibly cool, and yet.... insane. There's some tricky rhythm's in there, as well some very enjoyable technical guitar work.

I loved the break and the verse, but I thought the chorus seemed a bit... off....

Nice job.

Thanks. It's not that hard really. lol
What do you mean the chorus seemed off? Like, out of tune or just didn't fit the song?

Quote by Matt Chavie
Sounds like BTBAM. I disliked the intro riff but the sweeps in it were good. The verse was tight. The break fit in very nicely considering how much of a contrast it is. The guitars worked well together. All together it was really sweet and would be way better with a band and live recording, can you by chance play this?

I might have to check them out. I've never listened to Between The Buried And Me (that's who you're talking about, right? lol)

The intro riff isn't really thought out I guess you could say. I was testing something out in 5/4 one day, and I just put in random notes (the intro) and left it because it sounded sort of "dark"... lol

I wish I could record it. I don't have a band or recording equipment... And yeah, I can play it. It's not that hard really. The only challenging thing would be the solo and that's because if my hands get cold I can't play that fast. lol
Quote by Garb
Thanks. It's not that hard really. lol
What do you mean the chorus seemed off? Like, out of tune or just didn't fit the song?

No, it's just like... unexpected. And it doesnt really have a chorusy vibe for me. It's more like a breakdown... But that doesnt take away from the song, cause its still cool.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Garb

I might have to check them out. I've never listened to Between The Buried And Me (that's who you're talking about, right? lol)

Yea it's Between The Buried And Me, they seem to be influenced a lot by Dream Theater, jazz artists, and heavier bands. And that seems like where this song came from.
Whoa, nice! The intro worked well, the drums came in quite good. The sweep was nice as well.

The pre-verse riffs (I guess that's what you would call them) are pretty good, as are the verse riffs. The chorus I thought was excellent, I can see exactly what your trying to do there.

However, in the break, I was ready to punch myself in the face - there was WAY too much usage of the open triangle. Then again, I didn't listen to it with RSE (I never use it), so it might be different. The rest of the drumming and riffing was nice, though. The atmosphere was great.

The solo just didn't do it for me. It didn't really "do" anything, and to be honest just sounded like dissonant wankage. Then again, that might be the purpose, but it seems too clashy.

The song on the whole, though, is excellent. I really like the chorus and verses.
All in all, a good 8/10.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776978
I liked it a lot! The solo wasn't to great though, I think you can do better... Also, the sudden tempo shift to 153 (or something) didn't work for me either... . But apart from that, you've got a great song here!

8.5/10

grtz
I enjoyed this; I can almost hear Behold... the Arctopus doing this, in the chromaticism and odd timings which sometimes crop up.

My only concern is that some of it seems technical for the sake of being technical. Sometimes it's just cool to get into the groove rather than chuck in unpredictable stuff. Some of it is, I'm afraid, basically impossible to play (triplets bit in bar 15... not really doable).

There are some very, very cool riffs in here, and it's one of the few songs I crit for which I haven't just skipped masses of it because it gets boring; very well done. 9/10.
Quote by Broadsword
However, in the break, I was ready to punch myself in the face - there was WAY too much usage of the open triangle. Then again, I didn't listen to it with RSE (I never use it), so it might be different. The rest of the drumming and riffing was nice, though. The atmosphere was great.

The solo just didn't do it for me. It didn't really "do" anything, and to be honest just sounded like dissonant wankage. Then again, that might be the purpose, but it seems too clashy.

Thanks. lol Yeah, I thought there was just a tid bit too much triangle myself... But the rhythm that I heard was what I was wanting, so I figured I'd leave it... The drum part actually can't be done in the break when the triangle comes in repeatedly... There's parts that require 3 hands. =P

And I agree.. The solo does sound like nothing but dissonant wankage.. But, and I'm not sure why, I wanted it like that... It really reminds me of a Slayer solo, even though the last time I listened to Slayer was over a year ago. lol

Quote by webbtje
My only concern is that some of it seems technical for the sake of being technical. Sometimes it's just cool to get into the groove rather than chuck in unpredictable stuff. Some of it is, I'm afraid, basically impossible to play (triplets bit in bar 15... not really doable).

Really? It sounds technical? lol Most of it to me was just my usual chugging with some fills. I really wasn't going for technical at all.. Just what I was playing. =P And 15 is playable... It's just sort of hard to get it right. =P

I really appreciate your all's critique. Thanks. =)
Now this liked, Really good use off time signatures here, reallly fits in well with what you were trying to achieve, the bit with the almost latin percussion is absolute class, really odd with great effect. Theres no point in pointing out particular sections that i liked the whole thing was sick! I will point out that i really liked how you dropped the solo though! Overall a great peice, not what id listen to but i definately enjoyed it, and i dont even like dream theater so well done!
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.