Hmm. This one's kinda.... interesting, I think. Kinda Meshuggah esque neo-thrash verse, and very Mors Principium Est influenced throughout. I'm only not too sure about the solo....

C4c and whatnot.

Rate, hate, abominate.
Attachments:
untitled.zip
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Feb 2, 2008,
I thought it was nicely done.
Personally, I thought it could do fine without the solo.
The drums were very well done.
I especially liked the interlude, thought that was good.
Everything just seemed a tad repetitive, and if you made it slightly shorter or something, it would be better, IMO of course.
Obviously, that could change if you add vocals to it, though.
Yeah, that's kinda the idea. I need vocals for the verse/chorus, but still. I might cut down one of the main theme repetitions... The Chorus/Verse both have changes in them though. Like, the last chorus. And the second verse definitely needs vocals.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
At first I was kind 'ehhh' on the intro, but after a few listens, it grew on me. The verses are good, too, I can definitely see what your going for there, with vocals it would be nothing short of awesome.

The choruses are good, although I would have preferred at least another 'hook' in there, so to speak. The interlude was good, nice to see the pace pick up a bit.

I for one prefer the solo in there, as I think it is probably the highlight of the song. However, perhaps a better build up? Either way it's good.

All in all, with vocals, I could easily see this as a solid melodeath song. Good job.
Thanks man. Yeah, I kinda want another hook in there, but I think then the song would overstay its welcome.

I think the interlude and solo are the best parts as well. Just cause the interlude almost seems so out of place and distinctly heavy metal... And the solo i dunno... I just like it right now.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
I think you could use a transition at 0:48 (having to go by MIDI because I don't have latest GP), the change there is very sudden and sounds like a cd skipped.

1:11 could use a better transition too.

The solo at the end could be better, but it wasn't bad.

And the outro came about rather abruptly.

Overall, 8/10. Very nice song, just need to work on the transitions.
Listen to one of mine?
Thanks.

Will do.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Edited!

I added a couple cool little fills that I think work out the transitions kinks quite nicely.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
I like.
Intro/main theme is good, verse is good. But the chorus i couldnt quite get, it was just wierd to me. Maybe to happy, and strange. I dont like to happy stuff, melodic is great, but happy is ****(most of the time). I like the synth in the backgound, and with vocals this would be awsomer. The interlude could have been better, the rhythm guitar is ok, but the lead is not so good imo. The synth is not so good neigther, it sounds a little of key.
Listening to the chorus again and thinking, maybe this is cool after all, it seems wierd, but after you get used to it it get kinda cool, on real guitars i bet it sounds sweet. The transition to the main riff is sweet. A solo in the song is cool, but i didnt like this one. You land on such week notes, find stronger/more melodic notes to land on, or bend to, thats whats cool imo.
did you make that?.... well im a drummer and heres what i wanna here... in the beggining .. when the drums finally come in the steadyest and the guitar gets heavier(at the 15sec mark)... you should put the kick drum on a steady 16th note meter(assuming your in 6/8 timing) and a fat distinct snare crack on count 4.
this might help>
(1 2 3 4 5 6) bass bass bass snare bass bass|bass bass bass snare bass bass
:note:bass = 16th note = four per word
:another note: the double bass countinues on the snare

--maybe give it a shot... deffinitly would make it heavier... heavier is always better