the quality is fine, the playing is great, i loved the solo in collapse it fit together really well, with lyrics it could be a really great song

red sounded also really good, it had a good feel to it.
both were good
thanks for the crit on mine
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Thanks for the comments and the input.

Does anyone have any advice about the mix? Does it sound alright?
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Fender DG series acoustic
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
Last edited by Universal_Mind at Feb 2, 2008,
I like it man and the mix is pretty good just bring out the rhtym a little. Thanks for the crit on mine
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Red is really cool. I don't have enough time right now to listen to both, but I really like red. Cool song there.

Edit: Mix sounds fine to me.
Thanks for the crit man. Type as I listen to Red.

This is cool, but I don't know how I feel about the mix. The lead part (while expertly played) is sort of choking out the rhythm. My first thought is to try doubling the rhythm and mixing the two rhythm tracks hard to the left and right, keep the lead in the middle, and then mess with the levels until you get it sounding right. Nice little song.

Collapse

First thing I noticed is that those drums do not seem to fit at all with the guitar. This piece sounds like a slow ballad-type song and those drums are too upbeat and punk-y. You're a skilled guitar player, and the effects on both the lead and rhythm guitars are neat. If I were you, I might consider adding a few different progressions in there too. Any chord progression repeated for 3:00 can become tiresome. Just a suggestion. Good job though.

By the way, have you heard about the Progressive Nation tour? Dream Theater, Opeth and Between the Buried and Me all on the same tour, starting this spring. Awesome.
Quote by bben
Thanks for the crit man. Type as I listen to Red.

This is cool, but I don't know how I feel about the mix. The lead part (while expertly played) is sort of choking out the rhythm. My first thought is to try doubling the rhythm and mixing the two rhythm tracks hard to the left and right, keep the lead in the middle, and then mess with the levels until you get it sounding right. Nice little song.

Collapse

First thing I noticed is that those drums do not seem to fit at all with the guitar. This piece sounds like a slow ballad-type song and those drums are too upbeat and punk-y. You're a skilled guitar player, and the effects on both the lead and rhythm guitars are neat. If I were you, I might consider adding a few different progressions in there too. Any chord progression repeated for 3:00 can become tiresome. Just a suggestion. Good job though.

By the way, have you heard about the Progressive Nation tour? Dream Theater, Opeth and Between the Buried and Me all on the same tour, starting this spring. Awesome.

Thanks for the crit dude.

Yeah I have heard of the Progressive Nation Tour. Dream Theater and Opeth, two of my favorite bands, coming straight to richmond. It should be pretty awesome considering not that many cool bands come around Richmond, Virginia.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Fender DG series acoustic
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G