Sup guys, was wondering if u guys knew what this would be called. So I basically want to raise the little metal fret nubs up higher, but I don't need to move the strings up any higher though, just the little metal nubs.

I can't press down on the frets straight down without my totally cut down fingernails getting in the way (posted bout this before thxs guys for the help), but I was wondering if I could just get a guitar that fit me a bit better or just some way to modify my current one.

thxs again everyone.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.....
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn.... We fucked up."
One option is to see if you can increase the height of the frets (the metal things), another option would be to "scallop" the fretboard, which is basically removing wood between the metal frets, I've not heard of people doing it on an acoustic guitar, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Both are probably not standard on guitars you buy in a store, but for a sum on money you might get it refretted or scalloped by a luthier. Scalloping yourself might be an option for you if you don't care about the guitar that much. I could post some links if you are interested.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing and have you ever taken any lessons?
I know that on my fingers the calluses under my nail extend further under my nails than the flesh would, so I imagine that after some time the problem might get less.