Page 1 of 2
seanfysco
731 IQ
I just picked up there new album today and i gotta say I was amazed that this came from 00's. Have you guys heard them yet?
Team Coco
Phillitalian
UG's Filipino/Italian Guy
1,388 IQ
just an AC/DC rip-off

however, i have to admit that too much, too young, too fast is a fun song to play
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
seanfysco
731 IQ
Quote by moodster
they do that Too Much Too Young song, right?

yeah

Quote by Phillitalian
just an AC/DC rip-off

Yes they sound alot like acdc, but they have a completely different energy that i dont think acdc could have ever had.
Team Coco
Last edited by seanfysco at Feb 2, 2008,
M.O.P
Like a Boss
1,015 IQ
They do sound like AC/DC but I wouldnt call it a complete rip off. AC/DC are more Hard rock like, Airbourne has a pub rock sort of sound.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
sebastian_96
Spared no expense
1,209 IQ
Ergh, I think I'm the only one who despises them.

Nothing original about them.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
noodles_wazaman
No Frills.
397 IQ
i don't think they're a ripoff, they're just some derivative spin off garbage.

their music has no depth whatsoever, just some husky vocals and some bull**** about long live rock n roll. i mean if you're gonna play over the top rock in this vein, at least throw in a convincing guitar solo or some humourous lyrics, but they have nothing.
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
Hair Banger!
87 IQ
Yes, they sound like AC/DC, but they're not rip-offs. Did you guys stop and think that this could easily be said for most of the new talent these days: rip-offs from a certain other band? Why? Because most of them sound just like some other band on the block. Unlike most bands these days, at least they carry talent with a catchy punch.
Frusciante_Snow
10 IQ
I Love Airbourne!!!

breath of fresh air in music from all this rap/emo etc etc just good song's that you can jam to and head bang.

i agree with Hair Banger they do carry talent with a catchy punch

who cares if they are a rip of AC/DC why just because they use simple chords? and the singer's voice reminds us slightly of an early Bon Scott? oh well who cares! AC/DC are legends and Airbourne are just big fans of them besides i think they are more fast paced, in your face style compared to AC/DC

i hope this band goes far
Shaggy92
RTR Foster, Thanks Dude.
556 IQ
Just saw a video of them and I have to say they are nothing like AC/DC one because their lead singer is also their lead guitarist
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
myself101
Adagio For Beaker
1,375 IQ
Quote by Shaggy92
Just saw a video of them and I have to say they are nothing like AC/DC one because their lead singer is also their lead guitarist

Uh, THE SOUND of them is what everybody is commenting on.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Alter-Bridge
Is Enchanted to meet you
795 IQ
Quote by Shaggy92

*Facepalm*

I think they're OK, but they do sound too much like AC/DC. It sounds like they never listened to another band in their life.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
joe124
230 IQ
i can't stand them Tbh, I've heard it all before...
Thank God I'm not a Stereotype.

Quote by ANTHRAX†
When in doubt, whip it out.

Quote by Guitar_picker36
...im a girl i dont know how to upload pictures and stuff.

Shaggy92
RTR Foster, Thanks Dude.
556 IQ
Quote by myself101
Uh, THE SOUND of them is what everybody is commenting on.

Yeah but they said the same about AC/DC and Jet, Weezer and Steve Miller, apparently wolfmother and classic rock period, hell theres a lot more I just cant think right now. just a thought. I mean you might not like punk but look at all the punk bands they all just about sound the same. (and yeah I know this Modern Rock.) Hell one reason I like these guys is because they are just fun to listen to.
Roll Tide
Washburnd Fretz
1,919 IQ
Kinda like...ACDC meets Iron Maiden
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
jimmy2579
26 IQ
i'm sure everyone called ac/dc "chuck berry knock-offs with different vocals" when they first came out...hasn't anyone ever heard of influences?
System4321
Deadwood
531 IQ
I quite like them. Pretty good first 2 singles. Just got the album giving it a blast now
BabySnatcher
79 IQ
Yeah, they are an ACDC rip off but damn do they do it good!
This has got to be the coolest sig you've ever read.

Baconfish
Professional Lurker
982 IQ
I bought the album cheaps for a laugh.

I'd say it's a little bit like AC/DC mixed with something else I can't quite place.

Def Leppard or Motley Crue maybe?
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
SnipedYou
10 IQ
This is my favorite band right now, sure there stuff sounds like ACDC, but they've added more energy to it. Can't wait to hear some of their future stuff.
Cryptorchild
Banned
251 IQ
I honestly hate ACDC, *raises flamesheild*
Airbourne kicks so much ass though, i love them.
I have a Tshirt of theirs
Shaggy92
RTR Foster, Thanks Dude.
556 IQ
Quote by Cryptorchild
I honestly hate ACDC, *raises flamesheild*
Airbourne kicks so much ass though, i love them.
I have a Tshirt of theirs

Not going to flame but saying that is like saying "I hate cheese, but I love grilled cheese sandwiches."
Roll Tide
padsave17
Coming for your Daughter
65 IQ
I saw them preform and the show was great! They have a lot of energy and put on a great show! If they come close to you, surely go!
heavenbesideyou
Rev up those fryers!
248 IQ
Quote by padsave17
I saw them preform and the show was great! They have a lot of energy and put on a great show! If they come close to you, surely go!

I agree, they were one of the best bands at Mayhem Fest besides Disturbed and Slipknot in my opinion.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Nijyo
10 IQ
*sigh*

Apparently, nothing is worth listening to, unless its completely, totally original.

Except that there's nothing totally original, so there's apparently nothing worth listening to at all. That's the sort of nonsense that has lead to the "micro-genre" obsession on the Internet these days The reason we HAVE genres in the first place, is because BANDS OFTEN SOUND ALIKE. There's only so much variation that can exist.

So they sound like AC/DC had a baby with Aerosmith. BIG DEAL. If it sounds good and is played well, what the **** does it matter.

Jesus. Buncha 13 year olds.
BurningEarth23
Left-Handed Metalhead
34 IQ
I personally love AC/DC and Airbourne, sure they sound a lot alike, but they're the kinda band you can blast on the stereo and get everyone to start headbanging...good ol' fashioned party rock 'n roll, and i don't see any problem with that. both bands do get somewhat repetitive after awhile, but then again, what kind of music doesn't?
ledzeppelin7900
115 IQ
theyre the freaking only good band nowdays. all other bands suck crap compared to airbourne.
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
soulflyV
Oh so unprofessional!
487 IQ
Quote by BurningEarth23
I personally love AC/DC and Airbourne, sure they sound a lot alike, but they're the kinda band you can blast on the stereo and get everyone to start headbanging...good ol' fashioned party rock 'n roll, and i don't see any problem with that. both bands do get somewhat repetitive after awhile, but then again, what kind of music doesn't?

Agreed. Airbourne is good for just rocking out to, I don't think they mean to have a lot of depth behind their songs, they just want to rock out and play some loud music.
LAMF413
184 IQ
Airbourne Kicks MAJOR ASS

I Really Like Their Song Diamond in the Rough
Dave_Straw
79 IQ
just so everyone knows, their massive UK tour in november promises to be a good 'un, especially now that Stone Gods have been announced as the supporting act. This has made my week, as my tickets are stored safely...

And yes, i do like Airbourne.
Quote by Øttər
whats a fernandes? (please don't let that be a question so dumb some one will sig it...)
Gofer boy
137 IQ
I like airbourne and i like AC/DC, and when you think about it, is it exactly a bad thing to sound like AC/DC, I mean they are awesome.
Cryptorchild
Banned
251 IQ
Quote by soulflyV
Agreed. Airbourne is good for just rocking out to, I don't think they mean to have a lot of depth behind their songs, they just want to rock out and play some loud music.

Exactly, thats why i love Airbourne.
They are also a fun band to cover.
BFMV fan
average rock fan
354 IQ
It is like a new AC/DC from our time, they are bringing back that loud rock n' roll, and that is great so what if they sound like AC/DC, grow up, people should "live and let rock"
kennyvspenny
UG Member
480 IQ
they are good, but a total nostalgia band from AC/DC's older days
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
AngusIsMyHero
UG's Sports Fanatic
213 IQ
I love Airbourne. Just picked up their album a couple of days ago and I can't stop listening to it. They kick so much ass.

My favorite song by them is What's Eatin' You. I can't help but bang my head to their album.