I'm wanting to buy a new tube combo amp and would like your opinions on this setup. I'm plannig on spending ~$500 - $600.

The guitar center around here has the Peavey Classic 30 for $400 which seems like a good deal compared to MusiciansFriend.com. I don't really know of any other amps that are around that price.

Also, I when I played on it I noticed that it had really nice cleans, but not so great distortion. That means I'll probably want some sort of OD or distortion to go with it.

The metal muff might be good and I also seen that the Zack Wylde OD was pretty good. So what do you think would be a good setup for a metal/hard rock sound.

Thanks.
Ya , that would work, but the Zack Wylde Od is kinda over priced, look at other ods before you get it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
the OD is cool but If you cant get tube distortion out of your amp you might want to get hte metal muff instead
The Metal Muff is a great improvement when used in front of a SS amp, but a shame when used in front of a tube amp. Look around for cheaper OD's like Digitech's Bad Monkey.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by sirlimecat
Ya , that would work, but the Zack Wylde Od is kinda over priced, look at other ods before you get it

Agreed. I bought the ZW-44, it was my first pedal purchase, and I like it. Tt's a really dirty OD pedal, but I kinda wish I would have done some research, cause then I would have bought something like a OCD or T-808.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by bloodl1n3
I'm wanting to buy a new tube combo amp and would like your opinions on this setup. I'm plannig on spending ~$500 - $600.

The guitar center around here has the Peavey Classic 30 for $400 which seems like a good deal compared to MusiciansFriend.com. I don't really know of any other amps that are around that price.

Also, I when I played on it I noticed that it had really nice cleans, but not so great distortion. That means I'll probably want some sort of OD or distortion to go with it.

The metal muff might be good and I also seen that the Zack Wylde OD was pretty good. So what do you think would be a good setup for a metal/hard rock sound.

Thanks.

the classic 30's overdrive is heaven imo
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000