Okay, I so was wondering if a noise reducer would do good in my rig. I've had quite some trouble with a lot of white noise when I increased the volume of my amp and when I kicked in other pedals.

The Decimator seems pretty cheap (120?) so it shouldn't be a problem saving up for. But how's the quality of it? Does it kill any of my tone when kicked in? How's the buffer? True-Bypassed? Would it work well in my chain?

I just need review or other recommendations for noise reducing pedals.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
True bypass and doesn't colour your tone whatsoever. Best one on the market atmo.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I've heard cases where the ISP decimator actually created more noise.

True?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Isp is the best noise reducer pedal on the market. It doesnt create more noise at all and doesnt tone suck like alot of other pedals. And it will kill, hiss, hum, feedback and pretty much anything that not guitar related.

Here is a link to a video comparing it to the boss ns-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQKP8FK6J-A
I wonder who recommended this...

While I've been on this board, I haven't seen any people say it's created more noise. Plus, as said, it appears to the best on the market atm.
Ben
I like the Boss ns2 but try the rockitron hush too, but isp does get it done from when ive tried it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The Electro-Harmonix Hum-Debugger sounds pretty good, there's a demo of it on Youtube where a guy holds a piece of radioactive material up to his amp and the HumDeBugger just takes it all away
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
The Electro-Harmonix Hum-Debugger sounds pretty good, there's a demo of it on Youtube where a guy holds a piece of radioactive material up to his amp and the HumDeBugger just takes it all away

Lol, well thats one way to test out your gear.. Until he turns into the HULK and smashs everything lol... Hum-Debugger good but HULK ANGRY! crash........
Eh, so if I had the ISP on my board--i would want to keep it on 24/7?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Well if if it did produce noise when off, I'd just take it out of your chain when you're practicing. When you gig and need to crank your amp up, just put it in and keep it on.
Ben
You could buy a TB looper for it if it does create noise.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Jinskee
I've heard cases where the ISP decimator actually created more noise.

True?

If you're using batteries, this thing can get very loud when it gets even remotely low on power.
But why would you ever turn it off?

I personally think the ISP Decimator pedal is a waste of money. When I used it, it changed my tone, and didn't remove anywhere near enough noise. So I bought a Rocktron Hush Super C, for the same price, and it was heaps better.

If anybodies wondering, I own the Decimator Rack, Rocktron Hush Super C Rack and a Boss NS-2. I sold the decimator pedal to a friend, so I still try it out when I want to compare new things to it.

Long story short, the Decimator rack unit is the best by far, but at nearly 3 times the price of the Rocktron rack unit, with minimal differences that you will notice in a practice situation, let alone live.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
I use one. It won't color your tone at all, and it kills hum and buzz better than anything else I've tried. I don't know about the bypass because I never turn it off, but as said above it's true bypass and probably pretty good. It's never added buzz to mine. To anybody saying it adds more when off, my guess is that that's a product of more cable in your chain than if the decimator wasn't in your signal chain, though that's still odd because that wouldn't add much hum... I dunno, but I don't know why you'd turn it off in the first place...
Quote by Cofflecakes

I personally think the ISP Decimator pedal is a waste of money. When I used it, it changed my tone, and didn't remove anywhere near enough noise. So I bought a Rocktron Hush Super C, for the same price, and it was heaps better.

someone who finally agrees with me that the decimator pedal isnt that great. it never changed my tone, but it wasnt exactly as good as everyone says.
Well Enough Alone
I've been preaching it for ages Everyone thinks it's the be-all-end-all of noise reduction, but theres better out there for the money.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this