Page 1 of 4
Is it just me, or is this movie REALLY overrated? Every review I've seen for it has given it like 5 stars and a review like "this was the best movie I have ever seen. Stunning." In parts I found it a little bit funny, but seriously, the ratings it's been getting make it sound like the greatest movie of all time. I liked Michael Cera in it, he was great, and Ellen Page was quite good too, but the whole script just seemed kinda pretentious and plain. She was meant to be some quick-talking-witty teenage girl like Rory Gilmore or something but it just seemed so forced and bland. If you've seen this movie, what did you think? I'd be interested in your opinions because everyone I've spoken to liked it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
yeah I don't know if I'd give it five stars,

you can't always roll with the critics you know

right now someone out there is writing an ad about how rambo is the best movie in the world or something
It was pretty good. Good soundtrack too. Some pretty good one liners and honestly have you ever seen another movie like it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i thought ellen page was great in it but michael cera needed more screen time. im not gonna lie he's the only reason i wanted to see it in the first place he's hilarious, but i did think it was overrated as well... and everyone i know who has seen it is in love with the soundtrack lol i thought this was better than i am legend though
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
i thought it was really good. i saw it twice. i would give it 5 stars because of its originality and that the acting was really good.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
I really liked it alot, it made me wish my gf could play guitar so we could make rockin duets.
read job
don't get me wrong i thought it was good, but i don't know if id drop 5 stars on it
Quote by soul_power
It was pretty good. Good soundtrack too. Some pretty good one liners and honestly have you ever seen another movie like it?

I HATED the soundtrack. It was just acoustic strumming and some girl with a nasty voice going "I know a guy called Matt, he sat on a cat, he got quite fat, so started to chase rats, and then he bought a bat."
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by soul_power

+1
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
It was a quality movie, your from New Zealand you just don't get it.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
I liked it. The soundtrack was enjoyable as well.

Although, The Darjeeling Limited > Juno.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I thought it was overrated I personally thought the movie Saved did the same concept better.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by bombiuxfizz
I really liked it alot, it made me wish my gf could play guitar so we could make rockin duets.

+1

I thought it was pretty good
I was on my tippy-toes throughout the whole movie, because Ellen Page also starred in Hard Candy, and that movie was creeeeeepy
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Ive watched it.

It was a good movie but I dont think its something I would watch over and over again. Its one of those films where you watch it once and then forget about it.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by swordsrkewl
It was a quality movie, your from New Zealand you just don't get it.

New Zealand has one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy in the Western world. I am 16 and know people personally my age who have gotten pregnant. Why do you think you're so special just because you're on the other side of the world and your country is bigger? We're not all country bumpkins living in the Stone Age you know. I seriously cannot see how what you said is a valid argument.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by soul_power

Knocked Up.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Yeah Overated,it's decent but as said overated...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Incredibly overrated.

I have friends who think everything by Judd Apatow and related company (Michael Cera in this case) is pure brilliance.

I guess the movie was ok, but I'm sick of people shitting themselves over it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I haven't seen it.

But come on .. a film about a pregnant girl .. how good can it be?

Double that!

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

i really enjoyed it, i personally would give it 5 stars, but in its own seperate category
Quote by PaintOurSilence
Knocked Up.

knocked up is a full out comedy, juno is more of a nice, humorous-but-with-a-good-feeling-ending kinda movie

i doubt u even saw juno, otherwise u wouldnt be comparing it to knocked up
Quote by nt1440
I doubt u even saw juno, otherwise u wouldnt be comparing it to knocked up

Haha actually no I havent. I saw the first 15 minutes but thats it. I just said that because pretty much all of those accidental pregnancy movies are the same.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by PaintOurSilence
Haha actually no I havent. I saw the first 15 minutes but thats it. I just said that because pretty much all of those accidental pregnancy movies are the same.

well this one was pretty good actually, if ur like me, and like feel good movies once in a while
all i've seen of it is ads on myspace, but it looks really gay. i'm not going to see it unless they have it at the movie rental place i go to and i have literally nothing else to do.
little rant here.

does anyone else thing its really ****ed up that EVERYONE here uses the word "gay" in a bad conotation (sp?). i no its mainstream but its really not cool.
Quote by MustangMan311
Good movie, but not the overrated pretentious indie film people mistake it to be.

what's an indie film?
I personally loved it. I can see how some find it overrated though. Critics just jerk off to it for some reason.
Quote by nt1440
little rant here.

does anyone else thing its really ****ed up that EVERYONE here uses the word "gay" in a bad conotation (sp?). i no its mainstream but its really not cool.

sorry

if people used "straight" in a negative way, i wouldn't mind, but wutev.
i liked it alot, something about that movie just makes me wanna watch it again and again.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I don't think it's overrated. I think it was pretty good. I loved the Sonic Youth stuff.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
it ****ing sucked boring the best part is the dude who played jonah jamison in spiderman says hes gunna punch that bleeker kid in the balls that was the best part of the movie

but ya it reminded me of a napolean dynamite movie but different story overrated strange wildernes ftw
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special