I'm thinking of buying a Jackson with a JT580 trem on. It is the chrome one.

I did some research, and apparently the chrome one is very unreliable. I'd rather have some actual owners tell me however.

The guitar I'm looking at is a WRXT Warrior.

Thanks for any help guys.
Eh, they're good for a year or two and then they crap the bed from what I've seen. A Schaller will drop in, but may look slightly odd in the route. Its worth it to save a bit more for the WRMG, which has a black (and much more reliable) JT580.
Quote by CJRocker
Eh, they're good for a year or two and then they crap the bed from what I've seen. A Schaller will drop in, but may look slightly odd in the route. Its worth it to save a bit more for the WRMG, which has a black (and much more reliable) JT580.

Is it true that the JT580's that are in the MG Series and above are better than the other ones? because I know that the chrome ones look like **** but I didnt know they were more reliable.
Quote by CJRocker

I'm asking because if this is the crappy one, I'll just have to replace it right away. Nu reason to dick around with the crappy one for a year, and THEN have to shell out the cash.

I read somewhere that an OFR is also a direct fit for a JT580, not sure how accurate that was though.
Quote by ketiov
I'm asking because if this is the crappy one, I'll just have to replace it right away. Nu reason to dick around with the crappy one for a year, and THEN have to shell out the cash.

I read somewhere that an OFR is also a direct fit for a JT580, not sure how accurate that was though.

The lockbolts stick out slightly unfortunately. The posts fit, but the bolts don't. a Lo Pro OFR on the other hand... And yes, that is the crappy one.

Is it true that the JT580's that are in the MG Series and above are better than the other ones? because I know that the chrome ones look like **** but I didnt know they were more reliable.

The black JT580s in the MGs and Pro are the nicer, upgraded ones.