Page 1 of 2
OK this kinda spawned from the WWII thread so have fun guys

btw we can also the wars that were spawned by the cold war.....like Korea and the cuban missle crisis
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 2, 2008,
I'm studying the Cold War as part of my Higher History course. Love it, really interesting
I'm curious to what its relationship with the Hot War is. Elaborate, anyone?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Cold War never happened, it was a front for the USSR and USA to improve their armies to combat the incoming alien invasion.

/retard theory
Quote by ECwomantoneman
I'm studying the Cold War as part of my Higher History course. Love it, really interesting

are you in an IB program? cause i am and we are doing this too.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
are you in an IB program? cause i am and we are doing this too.

IB? Sorry, dunno what that is
Quote by Demon Wolf

the cold war was a war of intel between the US and the USSR from 45 to 90ish. A hot war would be something like WWII shooting actually happend there is a decleration of war in a hot war
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by ECwomantoneman
IB? Sorry, dunno what that is

its a pain in the ass anyway. i wouldnt worry about it
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Russia would have laid teh pwnzorz on America.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.

........doubtful. we had them techonologicaly and startigicaly they had numbers thats about it.............they stole half the technology they have from us anywatys lol.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by .arkness:.

Quote by Bostonrocks
........doubtful. we had them techonologicaly and startigicaly they had numbers thats about it.............they stole half the technology they have from us anywatys lol.

If the cold war ever went hot the only thing around to discuss it would be Keith Richards and cockroaches.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
If the cold war ever went hot the only thing around to discuss it would be Keith Richards and cockroaches.

ROFLMBO your right lol.!!!!!!1
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ok...since no one else seems to want to start a topic I will.
t
Best figheter of the cold war.........

I say the F14 tomcat for the amercians
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yah I know but it was spawned by the russians
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
ENGLISH ELECTRIC LIGHTNING!!!!

Don't deny it, it is one mean aeroplane

Or to satisfy the Yanks, the F4 Phantom was pure awesome too

Quote by Demon Wolf
oooh i hate you lol
yah the phantom was pretty friggin awesome to.....it was like straping 2 rockets to a brick thats what a lot of pilots thought lol.

I still like the F14 more
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

To be fair though, you did steal a large amount from Germans.

What was the USSR'S best fighter plane?

Btw, If Russia was to return to communism (bear with me here), do you think another cold war would start if it resumed the Dominoes Affect theory, possibly in the middle east?
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
I also really think the Soviet Mig 29 is one sexy plane.....
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by jesusgonewrong
To be fair though, you did steal a large amount from Germans.

What was the USSR'S best fighter plane?

Btw, If Russia was to return to communism (bear with me here), do you think another cold war would start if it resumed the Dominoes Affect theory, possibly in the middle east?

yes I do think it would come to another cold way eventualy
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
No I never liked the MiG 21 in terms of range and just about everything else the F-14 and F-4 out do it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by jesusgonewrong

I think with the current situation it would be very easy to return to another cold war. But with china in the picture I dunno. If they sided with one side the war would become a real war quickly or fizzle our quickly (due to the need of oil by both sides, thus fighting in the middle east). But that said I think there could be a cold war without communism necisarily, look at the current missile shield thing.
Cold wars have been going on since man began recording history. England vs France. 400 years worth of rivalry the erupted on occasion. Greece, Rome, Egypt, Persia all have had rivals on the international stage for centuries. Uneasy co-existence is always better than war. Our new cold war appears to be heading towards Islamo-fascism vs Christo-democracy.
The biggest difference with rivalries prior to the 1950s is we now have the ability to provide our solar system with a second star.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
may I be be the first Brit to say

we saved your arse in the Cold War

not really, but I just wanted to see how you liked it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
may I be be the first Brit to say

we saved your arse in the Cold War

not really, but I just wanted to see how you liked it

You Brits did as well as Germans, Danes, French, Italians, Greeks, Norwegians, Belgians, Luxembourgers, Turks, Greeks, Dutch, Australians, New Zealanders, Japanese, S. Koreans and a host of other countries that helped us spend the USSR into oblivion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
There's only one thing that stopped the cold war from ever happening: Nukes.

Both sides had em, no one was ever going to take the chance of making the 1st move incase the other side retaliated with nukes.

So instead they dragged other countries like vietnam into their petty squabble. And who lost out most there? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the Soviets or the Americans
Quote by Jackal58
You Brits did as well as Germans, Danes, French, Italians, Greeks, Norwegians, Belgians, Luxembourgers, Turks, Greeks, Dutch, Australians, New Zealanders, Japanese, S. Koreans and a host of other countries that helped us spend the USSR into oblivion.

The Greeks didn't need a second mention.

Btw did anyone read recently in the daily mail, that article about a Russian bloke who was watching for missile activity and the computer started to flash saying they detected a nuclear missile launch. He didn't send any missiles back, but waited and it turnt out to be a computer error? Pretty interesting read, I thought.
Quote by jesusgonewrong
The Greeks didn't need a second mention.

Btw did anyone read recently in the daily mail, that article about a Russian bloke who was watching for missile activity and the computer started to flash saying they detected a nuclear missile launch. He didn't send any missiles back, but waited and it turnt out to be a computer error? Pretty interesting read, I thought.

I like Greeks.

No I didn't see that article but I did see a documentary in the mid '90s that interviewed the heads of the US and USSR missile forces during a meeting they had with each other.
Both were amazed at the number of times each side thought they were being attacked.
Amazing we are still here to talk about it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I like Greeks.

No I didn't see that article but I did see a documentary in the mid '90s that interviewed the heads of the US and USSR missile forces during a meeting they had with each other.
Both were amazed at the number of times each side thought they were being attacked.
Amazing we are still here to talk about it.

Any chance of a linkage?

Speaking of teh Greeks, how much on a scale of 1-10 do you think they were helped against going communist by Marshall aid, as I haz been reading and it seems most of that fund went to Britain, France and West Germany.
I dunno I guess you never hear of greece in the cold war But I'm guessing we helped
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Kinda weird though, isn't it. Nearly all the Balkans become communist except for isolated Greece.
so who wouldda won? Russia? America? or would have we all died
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by jesusgonewrong
Any chance of a linkage?

Speaking of teh Greeks, how much on a scale of 1-10 do you think they were helped against going communist by Marshall aid, as I haz been reading and it seems most of that fund went to Britain, France and West Germany.

I believe it was a PBS documentary. May have been National Geographic. Try Google.
Greece was a participant in the Marshall plan. They did not recieve as much as Western Europe since their cities were spared a lot of the destruction Germany, France and England suffered.

Edit. Btw the Greek people suffered through almost 3 decades of civil strife and violence swinging between capitolism and communism. The thing that really helped prevent them from becoming a communist nation was Turkey.
Quote by Bostonrocks
so who wouldda won? Russia? America? or would have we all died

A conventional war. Nato. Most of the Warsaw Pact members would of used an invasion of Western Europe by the Soviet Union as an opportunity to turn and bite the hand at the end of their leash. However the odds of it remaining a conventional war for more than a day or two were slim to none.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Last edited by Jackal58 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by Jackal58
I believe it was a PBS documentary. May have been National Geographic. Try Google.
Greece was a participant in the Marshall plan. They did not recieve as much as Western Europe since their cities were spared a lot of the destruction Germany, France and England suffered.

Edit. Btw the Greek people suffered through almost 3 decades of civil strife and violence swinging between capitolism and communism. The thing that really helped prevent them from becoming a communist nation was Turkey.

A conventional war. Nato. Most of the Warsaw Pact members would of used an invasion of Western Europe by the Soviet Union as an opportunity to turn and bite the hand at the end of their leash. However the odds of it remaining a conventional war for more than a day or two were slim to none.

Hey man thanks for posting in my thread..once again...sorry
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Ok...since no one else seems to want to start a topic I will.
t
Best figheter of the cold war.........

I say the F14 tomcat for the amercians

The F-86 Sabre, last of the gentleman's aircraft

it's sexy too

edit- and the commies were tampering with our fluids, think about it, have you ever seen a commie drink water? no, only vodka

anyone?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 7, 2008,
Page 1 of 2