I made this intro but I'm having a hard time deciding where it should go. It could go into piano or chord progressions. It would be a verse. I just can't get a verse that sounds heavy enough. Suggestions on what should be next, and comments on the intro would be great.

I'll give a detailed crit if you link to me to yours.
Attachments:
The Cukoo Clock of Doom.zip
Last edited by Matt Chavie at Feb 2, 2008,
I think a relatively fast verse should follow this. Not immediately, but after a measure. That'd be cool.

I didn't really fancy the sweeping pad. And the song sounds kind of empty, lacking drums and such ;P

I liked the intro riff, but the bridge - although sounding cool - wasn't appealing to me.

Are you going to add drums to this tab anytime? ^^
Eventually I'll add drums. The sweeps are unneccessary, I'll take em out. I think a rest and then going into a verse would work great.

What do you think about the intro fading into piano and dropping the bridge out of it?
Thanks anything else you want me to comment?
A gp4 version would be nice. =)

If/when you put it up I'll edit this to have the critique.
Quote by GrandSummon
You could always save the bridge for later, and I think fading into a piano could either be too "weak-sounding", or be a great boost for an energetic chorus. It really depends on the genre of the song.

It's a post-hardcore ish song, I don't worry about genre too much. It would go into a heavier chorus, and I planned on using the bridge for something later. I should have the keyboard done tommarrow and I've been working on drums.
Alright I heard this riff going on in my head that I wrote a while ago.... adn I thought it sounded perfect coming directly after your little pause. I KIND OF ripped it off from another song.... but I only really copied the rythm, so don't worry about it. If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't care.

Here's the tab:
Attachments:
Tara Is A Bitch.zip
I'm a person.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Alright I heard this riff going on in my head that I wrote a while ago.... adn I thought it sounded perfect coming directly after your little pause. I KIND OF ripped it off from another song.... but I only really copied the rythm, so don't worry about it. If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't care.

Here's the tab:

Nice, I'll play around with it, the drums were what I was going for I just suck at midi drums. Anything you want to crit/comment?
I just realized that you're supposed to turn on triplet 8th notes right when that riff starts. I had them on, but it didn't stay on when I uploaded it. The riff sounds 20 times better that way.

you can crit anythig in my sig if you want. I don't really care though.
I'm a person.