so yeah i wanna get a Schecter 5 stiletto (either a custom or a studio not sure yet)
will this be able to cut through the mix well in a metal situation?
thanks
dan

EDIT: oh yeah ill be tuning it EADGC
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
dude im getting the studio and its good for anything.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Yeah it will, I have a Studio 5 and its one of the best basses I have ever played. It cuts when I play live ( but that also has to do with tone and the amp) and for recording (also it depends on the mixing). If you want, check out one of my bands songs, I am using a studio 5 throughout it. Check out the first version of the song, the other one does not work.
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/parataxis/
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
wow pretty crazy song you've got there :P
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
any one?
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Thanks, Schecter makes awesome stuff for a reasonable price. I would suggest that you definitely go for a Studio 5. Getting a compression pedal will also help you cut through in live and recording settings.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
can you suggest a good compression pedal that i could get to go with it then?
thanks
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Schecter studios are great basses. Take out the custom and shove the Elite in its space, it's the closest to the studio. It has a nicer finish if you ask me, but not as good of electronics. It has a flamed maple top, so it has a good bit more treble to it without sounding harsh. I suggest trying them both if you can.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
It's all in the tone: you can play a goddamn P-bass in a metal band, but if you EQ it right it'll sound fine.
schecter makes really good basses. im not to keen on the omen line. but the stilleto and C series basses are pretty great for a rounded style of music. but i'll also suggest dropping the custom and going for an elite or studio.
Must be unbiased, must be unbiased, must be unbiased. *cracks neck*

Yeah, Shcecters are going to cut through. Their pickups are boiling hot and are going to take you pretty far into the mix. Albeit the tone... NO. They'll do you fine.
thanks for the info about cutting through
but about the tone statement
if you are judging it because it has humbuckers then i dont give a toss
good tone is opion not fact, just like how it is with people liking diferent genre's of music
you could say that single coils and humbuckers are different genre's of tone if you get what i mean
so you cant go around saying that single coils tone is better just cos you think its better
its your opinion and i can take notice it if i want and i can just as easily ignore it
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
No matter what you want your tone to be it will be heard. The Studio 5 has EMG gold soap bars in it and they are quite versatile. Its the fact that it has a 3 band eq is what makes the bass rock for getting whatever tone you want. Ultimately its up to use to decide what you want, but don't forget about that compression pedal.
greenday1182
Quote by shinhoman
thanks for the info about cutting through
but about the tone statement
if you are judging it because it has humbuckers then i dont give a toss
good tone is opion not fact, just like how it is with people liking diferent genre's of music
you could say that single coils and humbuckers are different genre's of tone if you get what i mean
so you cant go around saying that single coils tone is better just cos you think its better
its your opinion and i can take notice it if i want and i can just as easily ignore it

Ooo, my reputation proceeds me. Nice. Anyway, I never said either were universally better. I haven't the foggiest where you got that from.
Get a stiletto elite, way cooler and better
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
Get a stiletto elite, way cooler and better

well if he has money than he could get a studio. there is the studio, elite, and custom. studio has the most options. then elite. than custom.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing