hello again!

currently building a strat style guitar and want to fit a bigbsy style tremolo unit on her. But i dnt kno how to do this! I understand that I will need to fill in the current routed area for the standard style bridge. But how do i measure up for the bigsby unit and the saddles and know exactly where to fit the whole setup. Any help would be more than gratefull received!

Many thanks,

im not really sure to be honest, but there are a lot of videos on youtube on installing a bigsby and several different guitars
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Bigsbys look cool. Plus there's a curse, for Fender or Fender-like guitars.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
unless you get the Bigsby's with the "F".
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Bigsbys are sexy. I gather you're going for the B5 or similar? You will need to fill the trem rout left by the fender of course, plus you will need to install a roller bridge in front of the trem. Go here: http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator and put in your guitar specs and it should tell you where to mount the roller bridge down the bottom. As far as i know you can put the trem where you like as long as it's in line behind the bridge...

Edit: here's a good roller bridge in case you're looking: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Schaller_Roller_Bridge.html
Last edited by matt154 at Mar 7, 2011,