i have about 150 pounds to get a new amp.
it will only b used in my bedroom so doesnt need to be too big or loud.
i play all diferent types of music except metal.
i have an epiphone les paul standard.
any suggestions?
not a vox valvetronix - they're all coldsautered and ****ty. cheaply made and cost a fortune to get fixed.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Line 6 Spider II 30w
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
you should take a look at some small tube amps.
the 5w category has some decent amps: Fender Champ 600, Epi VJ, Crate Palomino, and Blackheart Little Giant, just to name a few. They are all under 200USD so they should be in your price range.
Quote by Sunburst PR
the 5w category has some decent amps: Fender Champ 600, Epi VJ, Crate Palomino, and Blackheart Little Giant, just to name a few. They are all under 200USD so they should be in your price range.

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
i would probably like some effects but if solid state amps r **** i may look at a tube amp
Meh, I say go with the Vox Valvetronix, if you buy with warranty, check it out before you take it home you'll be fine.
Superb just for bedroom practice and very versatile.

I wouldn't go near a spider TBH. Cleans are meh, but distorted tones are damn awfull.

A 5 watt valve would be a nice little home rig, but bearing in mind, you are pretty much going to need to start working on a pedal board if you want something more than just cleans. Something like the EPi VJ and a Bad Monkey would be nice to start, then reverb and EQ...
Quote by Shakalum
not a vox valvetronix - they're all coldsautered and ****ty. cheaply made and cost a fortune to get fixed.

Wrong
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Line 6 Spider II 30w

Wrong
Quote by Sunburst PR

Correct. +1
Quote by beckyjc
Meh, I say go with the Vox Valvetronix, if you buy with warranty, check it out before you take it home you'll be fine.
Superb just for bedroom practice and very versatile.

I wouldn't go near a spider TBH. Cleans are meh, but distorted tones are damn awfull.

A 5 watt valve would be a nice little home rig, but bearing in mind, you are pretty much going to need to start working on a pedal board if you want something more than just cleans. Something like the EPi VJ and a Bad Monkey would be nice to start, then reverb and EQ...

I find 5 tube watts a bit loud for bedroom use. Especially because you need to crank the VJ for the juicy stuff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by beckyjc
Exactly why I said get the digitech.

Besides I use 30 watt valve primarily in my bedroom...

Really? How's your hearing Becky!?

Try a Palomino V8, I think it has a master volume.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Shakalum

Have you looked at your sig lately?
i really dont want to b gettin loads of pedals right now.
i just started playing guitar and want to kinda piss about with fx til i know what effects i want b4 i get pedals. im just a n00b.
yeah the Palomino has gain, tone, and master volume knobs, so it may be the best option for you. Guitarcenter.com has them at 160USD which is an amazing price if you ask me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Really? How's your hearing Becky!?

Try a Palomino V8, I think it has a master volume.

+1, since you are in the UK though, I would suggest you take a look at the Laney LC-15.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS