Hey, I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now, and for the past 2 weeks, my wrist has really been bugging me, as in painful when I do certain motions with my 3rd and 4th fingers, as well as when bending it or lifting with it. Its not along the carpal tunnel (my mom had it, and its the inside of the wrist+the thumb), but along the outside of my wrist. If you want to know exactly where, put your left hand palm towards you, and along the inside of your wrist, the part that is closest to the right side of your body. thats where. Any ideas if this is from guitar, or maybe some other strain injury, or what it is? thanks
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
cut back on the cranking it
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
lol, on a serious note, this sometimes happens to me. I just stop playing for 1-2 days and it's fine again.
AW I Buy Peace i was just gonna say it too!!!
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
i'm right handed, and the problems are with my left wrist. so its not from jerking it. ps, its a serious concern, so unless you're being helpful, please dont post stuff about masturbation.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Go to the doctor. I had the same with my elbow and turned out I have tennis elbow in both arms, but it's more a hereditary thing, though the guitar brought it out.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Look at your technique and make sure it is correct.

Quote by muse-ik
as in painful when I do certain motions with my 3rd and 4th fingers, as well as when bending it or lifting with it.

Are you talking about bending your wrist? There should be very very little of bending/lifting your wrist. Your wrist should stay as straight at possible during playing. Your fingers should do 99% of the moving and work not your wrist.
i was gonna say stop wanking, but that's already been said. damn you i buy peace!
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Look at your technique and make sure it is correct.

Are you talking about bending your wrist? There should be very very little of bending/lifting your wrist. Your wrist should stay as straight at possible during playing. Your fingers should do 99% of the moving and work not your wrist.

Not bending or lifting while playing guitar, just bending and lifting outside of guitar playing. altho sometimes when bending (guitar) with my pinky it hurts, but thats probably because i do most of my bending with my 3rd finger.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Sometimes, you just bend your wrist the wrong way, or strain it somehow, and this happens...just give it a day or two, and it should go away.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I get that every now and then too. Its a pain like in between the thumb webbing and the index finger in the muscle. not really painful, just kind of annoying. it should go away after a day or so, so that means no playing. I guess you could try stretching your hand and fingers to help warm up before playing so it doesn't happen anymore.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.