Page 1 of 2
i've never played it, but probably the EVH 5150 III, it's supossed to be the ultimate amp, and if it's built buy Eddie...you know it's good
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
the line 6 vetta is pretty cool, it has song names for settings, i.e. the title Cliffs of Dover will give you that exact sound
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i've never played it, but probably the EVH 5150 III, it's supossed to be the ultimate amp, and if it's built buy Eddie...you know it's good

I've heard that the gain is awesome but the cleans aren't the best
I'd say the mesa boogie road King, and the Marshall JVM is suppose to be "every marshall built into one" but ive never played one, so I wouldn't really be able to say. I have played the Road King though and that thing can nail any tone IMO
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
There is an MI Audio amp with 4 seperate all tube channels.

I shall go research it now...I know it was at NAMM...

From their site...
The Facts

- A Vacuum tube guitar amplifier, featuring 4 completely independent, and uniquely voiced channels.

- Each channel has the flexibility to operate from clean to high gain.

- 4 FX loops, assignable to any channel.

- Dual Master Volumes.

- 2*EL34 power amp, with 5 operating modes, producing from 9W up to 60W output power.

- MIDI switching.

- Handcrafted in Sydney, Australia.

More info coming soon,... we promise!

Either that or the Mesa MKIV
anyone who's naming some analog tube amp here is pretty dumb

i say a Line 6 Vetta II.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Feb 2, 2008,
Id say a JCM800 with a few good pedals would be pretty versatile. But if the JVM delivers on its promise, then that would be great as well.
well my friend has a JCM 800 (it's actually his uncles but he gigs with it) and he puts it through a 1960 A Lead...and it sounds AMAZING, cleans are really nice too......but you're gonna need the dough
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by The red Strat.
anyone who's naming some anlaog tube amp here is pretty dumb

i say a Line 6 Vetta II.

err.....................wut?

Now i think this deserves dumb ass post of the day.

Most versatile amps are most likely The JVM, JSX, Mark IV, The Triaxis Preamp with decent power amp.

Thats My Opinion
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV or a Laney VH100R
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Carvin V3, Legacy, or the Peavey JSX. But that's mostly based on hearsay, I've only ever used one of those.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Carvin V3, Legacy, or the Peavey JSX. But that's mostly based on hearsay, I've only ever used one of those.

Forgot about that one!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
that randall with the different modules you use
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
$3000 maybe?

Mark IV, definately. My favourite amp, then comes the Ashton Viper VP100 head.
Mesa Road King II

/Thread...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Ashdownlover

Nope. If it's sheer versatility, rather than quality of sound that's needed, some kind of solid-state modelling amp is definitely going to be the best option.

If you're simply looking for a tube amp that can cover alot of bases, look at a Mesa Mark IV or Roadking, as a lot of other people have said.
I've spent all day mucking with my Carvin Legacy, and it's great. The best clean channel I've ever heard on a tube amp, and the distortion is kind of like a hot-rodded JCM800. Now bear in mind that it is like a Marshall in that it sounds best and has the warmest sound when cranked over 4, which even on the 50w setting is LOUD. However, I just went out and bought a Boss OD-3 and run that into it - sounds orgasmic for leads and boosted rhythm. Run the Level full up and Dist all the way down, and it doesn't screw with the amp sound at all, it's just "more" of the Legacy sound.
no
The Framus Cobra is VERY versatile.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Ashdownlover

Most versatile amps are most likely The JVM, JSX, Mark IV, The Triaxis Preamp with decent power amp.

Thats My Opinion

Actually he wanted to know the MOST VERSATILE amp EVER. Not the best sounding versatile one. But the msot versatile. Which isn't an analouge tube amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I own a Flextone III XL - IMO the best amp ever made. It models arround 25 different amps with astonishing accuracy - it's portable, loud, and armed with a maybe a distortion/OD pedal there's no sound you can't coax out of it. It's got XLR outs, so every front-of-house sound guy will love you to bits, and it's a most reliable amp for touring around with. Sure i'd like to own all the original models, but it's not practical and with this i get a lot more bang for buck. Maybe a little big for jams/practising, but there's smaller versions.

Give it a try they're fantastic. Some people bag them, but they're usually serial whingers who can't come to grips with technology
Fender Twin Reverb.

I dunno, it's got the famously amazing cleans, and is amazingly acceptable of pedals.
I love mine.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
d sPidoRzz valvez - actually is quiet versitile for the price tho.

nah, the Jvm is pretty versitile. It also depends and what you want tone wise too.
Last edited by False_God at Feb 2, 2008,
I say no to the JVM solely because I find it to be quite tonally lacking....I suppose it is pretty versitile, but there's better.. No one has said Rivera--the Knucklehead Reverb series are INCREDIBLY Versatile. As are the Mesa/Boogie Roadking, mark IV, and Roadster. Then there's the Brunetti 059 (two amps built into one). Randal MTS and Egnater module amps are quite versatile too. Then there's the ENGL E670 and Invader. As stated, in terms solely on versatility, the Vetta has to win.
Soldano? Framas ENGL ?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i just gotta carvin x100-b( w/ 6l6 and the curvy logo) and the things insanely versitile, its gotta clean channel based off a 68 bassman and a distortion channel based off a jcm 800 plus a active eq and a 5 band graphic eq, not to mention fx loop, line out, and switchable between 25 50 and 100 watts, its definately a great amp, oh yah i forgot to mention its only about 350 dollars
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
ummm...one guy up above i believe was referring to the Randall MTS series

that's what i use

and i'd have to say.....

WINNER!!!

they're SUPER versatile, the head version and rack version hold four different modules (i.e. four different channels) and not to mention ALL TUBE of course lol.

really, these amps haven't gotten much circulation in the UG community it seems....but they really ARE beautiful amps. you can have the cleanest twangy cleans of a fender, AC30 gainster, marshall plexi crunch, and a mesa Rectofier hi gain distortion all in ONE amp, and don't be fooled, all these modules (runnin like $210 a piece) faithfully replicate the tone of the originals EXREMELY well.

that's my two cent....

i love these models, i'm jus so happy that i accidentally ran across one in the mall...the best discoveries are by accident lol. go check em out tho! if you've got some serious dough saved up, you can get all you need in one amp!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by The red Strat.
anyone who's naming some analog tube amp here is pretty dumb

i say a Line 6 Vetta II.

I think you're pretty dumb.

I say no.
Digital sucks, that's why there's pedals if you feel the need for effects.

EDIT: I'm mean amps w/ digital effects. I have a Digitech RP-50 and it's ok, so.....
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by DiMeTiMe

I say no.

EDIT: I'm mean amps w/ digital effects. I have a Digitech RP-50 and it's ok, so.....

Now you seem to suddenly know what your talking about. Coming from the person who was arguing over how a halfstack is so much better then a combo, even if its SS v. tube.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Now you seem to suddenly know what your talking about. Coming from the person who was arguing over how a halfstack is so much better then a combo, even if its SS v. tube.

I remember that, lmao noob alert

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770265

haha
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by DiMeTiMe

I say no.

Wrong. You were just recently saying how SS stacks were better than tube combos.
Plus, you obviously haven't heard how good digital can be. You are refering to low end crap amps. The vettas are high end modelling. You just need to go back to whatever you were doing before you started posting on this forum and maybe learn something before making ignorant statements.
Well, everybody loves their own amps. But most versatile? How about the THD's?
You can put just about any combination of preamp or amp tubes in them without
any biasing. Of course, I have a Bivalve, so I'm a bit biased

I was looking into a Mesa, but I tried one and just didn't like it near as much as the
Bivalve.
Quote by TheShred201
Well, in tone the THF aren't the most versitile IMO....Ive never heard a br00talz clip from a THD.

And hey, I gave lots of reccomendations that I don't have.

Well, it doesn't matter. These kind of threads are long on opinion and short on
fact anyway ...
Page 1 of 2