http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74670

Is this guitar any good?

Been a fan of the RR guitars from Jackson for a long time, but the budget has never been for it. Now I decided I want to spare some money, and buy a RR.

I can probably not afford the RR24 in a good couple of years from now (seeing as I am to lazy for that xD) and the RR1 in white is well a little priceyer, but seems like a good guitar...and maybe quite some money far away.

So should I get an RR3 (I have pickups ready for swapping) or wait a loong time and get an RR1 seeing as the RR3 is pure crap?

All I need is a guitar with two pickups (that will sound good in this guitar when replaced), a trem, and a cool look...and a little bigger fretboard than the RG has. Also I like the way that you have to sit with the RRs :p. I already do that with my RG too.

I like the sound my Ibanez gets with my current pickups, and that's no expensive model at all.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by natel0083
The RR3 is probably one of jacksons best.

Okay. Guess I also have to try it in the store then, but peoples opinions are always nice to have.

Is the RR1 MUCH better, or just a little better. I know it's neck through, but that doesn't matter too much.

Yeah, I know it's licensed floyd. Kinda ****, but I guess it's okay. I will try it, and also replace the screws by something that lasts longer, and stays better. Cheaper trems tends to need original floyd screws :p

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
The RR3 is awesome. If you like it, get it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by PhantomNote
Okay. Guess I also have to try it in the store then, but peoples opinions are always nice to have.

Is the RR1 MUCH better, or just a little better. I know it's neck through, but that doesn't matter too much.

It's gonna be of higher quality, and the trem is an OFR so it's gonna last you quite a bit longer. Don't overlook the neck. A neck-thru will have more sustain and better upper fret access than a bolt-on, so just keep that in mind.
Quote by mafropetee
It's gonna be of higher quality, and the trem is an OFR so it's gonna last you quite a bit longer. Don't overlook the neck. A neck-thru will have more sustain and better upper fret access than a bolt-on, so just keep that in mind.

Hmm. Makes me wonder if I should wait even longer for that. I will look at it at sometime.

My ibanez (wich is not neck through) sustains forever, so that's fine. I'll have to try about the acces. Also OFR is great plus. It's just...it's quite an expensive guitar for me :p. Not totally out of reach, but still very pricey for a teenage boy who spent alot of money on his loud amp xD

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Hmm. Makes me wonder if I should wait even longer for that. I will look at it at sometime.

My ibanez (wich is not neck through) sustains forever, so that's fine. I'll have to try about the acces. Also OFR is great plus. It's just...it's quite an expensive guitar for me :p. Not totally out of reach, but still very pricey for a teenage boy who spent alot of money on his loud amp xD

I would say just get the RR3. It will still be a kick ass guitar.

And Ibanez is famous for their bolt-on sustain, which is far better than most other bolt-ons.
Quote by mafropetee
I would say just get the RR3. It will still be a kick ass guitar.

And Ibanez is famous for their bolt-on sustain, which is far better than most other bolt-ons.

Far better being an extra two seconds at most... The RR3 is great, but if you think you can get an RR1 in a reasonable amount of time, get the RR1 instead. The RR1 is like the RR3, but taken to the next level. They just kill, and are well worth it.
RR1 is obviously better but if you don't want to wait, get the RR3.
Good guitar; I have an awesome tone with the SD pickups and the necks fast and comfy.
Go for it
The RR1 would probably take me 1-2 years extra if you look at the present situation. I think I'm gonna buy something like that when I get myself a job xD. Like a real job

But yeah. I use distortion from my AMT Tube Platinum together with my Laney, and with the Ibanez it sustains forever.

Might take that with me to the shop to test the sustain of the RR3.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
The Jackson RR3 is a decent guitar for the price (although I got mine for free and signed ). The Seymour Duncan pickups are pretty good, even if you do swap them out with the ones that are wanting, you could probably sell them off to make some dough. The trem isn't too great, I can't stand screw-in arms as opposed to punch-in ala Edge trems. Quality wise, it's a great guitar although mine came with fret buzz. However, this was probably down to shipping and getting owned in the box. It plays really smoothly and it feels pretty good I must say.

NOTE: If you can get a RR1 or RR24.... get them instead! (Well, if you're looking for versatility, maybe not the RR24.) Those two guitars are ownage in terms of craftmanship and quality.
Quote by Mwoit
The Jackson RR3 is a decent guitar for the price (although I got mine for free and signed ). The Seymour Duncan pickups are pretty good, even if you do swap them out with the ones that are wanting, you could probably sell them off to make some dough. The trem isn't too great, I can't stand screw-in arms as opposed to punch-in ala Edge trems. Quality wise, it's a great guitar although mine came with fret buzz. However, this was probably down to shipping and getting owned in the box. It plays really smoothly and it feels pretty good I must say.

NOTE: If you can get a RR1 or RR24.... get them instead! (Well, if you're looking for versatility, maybe not the RR24.) Those two guitars are ownage in terms of craftmanship and quality.

yeah, well I pretty much can't get RR1, and I want two pickups, so RR24 is all outta sight. Even though the 2 extra frets are quite...spectacular XD

Would replacing the crap quality screws make any difference?
I know it did on my ibanez. Otherwise, I'll just save up for a Schaller trem. Not that expensive.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
^What do you mean by screws? And yeah, I would advise swapping out the trem in the future. Also, have you tried one out before? It took me a day to get used to the V-ness... and I still ain't used to it!
Quote by natel0083

Out. Get it.

The RR3 is decent but has a liscensed trem and (I think, not sure on this) pickups that will be changed out. However it can be a very good guitar with upgrades.
It's worth buying, but if you can get better, I would.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Out. Get it.

The RR3 is decent but has a liscensed trem and (I think, not sure on this) pickups that will be changed out. However it can be a very good guitar with upgrades.
It's worth buying, but if you can get better, I would.

The trem is licensed however all Jackson Pro series after '06 are now updated with Seymour Duncan TB and Jazz SH2N pickups. The trem is now reinforced with a base plate so it ain't so bad. But still.... darn screw-in arms!
The RR3 is very good imo. I've played a few of them and they were excellent. I've never played a real USA RR1, but I do own a Rhoads Pro, which is essentially a Japanese version of the RR1. Everywhere I've ever looked, people always say that the Rhoads Pro is on par with its American counterpart. If it's true, then definitely try to get one at some point in your life, as I still am trying to. Lol. My Rhoads plays wonderfully, great sustain, amazing feel, easy upper fret access, unbelievable tone, totally worth it.

At the end of the day though, human desire will probably kick in. In that case, get the RR3 for now. If you could get the RR1 sooner than a year, get the RR1.
I had one second hand for a short amount of time and it played and sounded great, I would advise getting the rr24 if you can but the only thing I don't like about it is that there is only one pickup on it.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by Vittu0666
The RR3 is very good imo. I've played a few of them and they were excellent. I've never played a real USA RR1, but I do own a Rhoads Pro, which is essentially a Japanese version of the RR1. Everywhere I've ever looked, people always say that the Rhoads Pro is on par with its American counterpart. If it's true, then definitely try to get one at some point in your life, as I still am trying to. Lol. My Rhoads plays wonderfully, great sustain, amazing feel, easy upper fret access, unbelievable tone, totally worth it.

At the end of the day though, human desire will probably kick in. In that case, get the RR3 for now. If you could get the RR1 sooner than a year, get the RR1.

Yup. Desire will definately kick in. Especially with me. :p

I am now satisfied with the amp in the range I can get (meaning a GH100L or something would be better, but I will not be able to afford that untill I get a real job xD) and the RR3 is definately something I can get sometime soon, but the RR1...way out of reach. At the time where I can get something like that...I think I'd rather wait a little and order a Ran Custom or something like that

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Mwoit
The trem is licensed however all Jackson Pro series after '06 are now updated with Seymour Duncan TB and Jazz SH2N pickups. The trem is now reinforced with a base plate so it ain't so bad. But still.... darn screw-in arms!

Well that's good to know. Even better to get, just change out the trem eventually still. I'd trust it as much as a regular one, but I wouldn't worry about changing it for a lil' longer.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Well that's good to know. Even better to get, just change out the trem eventually still. I'd trust it as much as a regular one, but I wouldn't worry about changing it for a lil' longer.

Sure. I would wait and change it if it stays really bad in tune. Considering I do alot of whammy wankery and harmonic stuff, I could need to replace it sometime after buying it.
But first, I will look at it - where does it fail, and try to make it better :p

So new p-ups, probably new potentiometers sometime (they tend to suck, and Dimarzios, wich are really great are also...really cheap ), something done to the trem, and I'm basically ready to go. Might scallop last 4 frets too, but that aint hard at all

Almost as good as a high end model :p. Neck through would be nice though, but that's for the future :p

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
no love for the rr5?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
rr3s are awesome, i love them... id play one but they dont really fit my image that well
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by natel0083

what?! one of the best?!
the RR3 is just alright , bolt on construction . cant be compared to the RR1 or the RR5 , but it's pretty decent.