Im in a Deathcore band and am making the jump to tubes which is better im looking for a kse, unearth, LoG, as i lay dying, Bring me the horizon, as blood runs black, and black dahlia murder type tone. which would be better for a thick, brutal gain with a wonderful clean channel as well?

Edit: also i will be using a vader 4x12 cab. i sold the randall.
My Rig:

Guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser (85bridge/81neck)
Schecter Hellraiser FR (Black)

Amp:

None right now
randall Cab with V30's
Last edited by Dime13 at Feb 2, 2008,
I'd go with the Framus or an ENGL.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
how do they sound in comparison though?
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amp:

None right now
randall Cab with V30's
Quote by Dime13
how do they sound in comparison though?

Hmm.. Well the ENGL is very dark sounding I find. I also think it's a lot tighter then the Cobra. The Cobra is brighter and a bit midier.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
have you heard a k-tre?
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amp:

None right now
randall Cab with V30's
Quote by Dime13
have you heard a k-tre?

Not in person nope.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hmm.. Well the ENGL is very dark sounding I find. I also think it's a lot tighter then the Cobra. The Cobra is brighter and a bit midier.

Hmmm.. Which Engl are you talking about? They are generally quite bright-voiced amps...
The Cobra is just as tight as a Powerball, and that's pretty much the tightest of the Engls.

TS: I can vouch for the awesome-ness of the Cobra, but I've never played the Rivera I'm afraid. The Engls are definitely worth considering. (Even though I disagree almost entirely with H4T3BR33D3R's evaluation)
Quote by Nolly
Hmmm.. Which Engl are you talking about? They are generally quite bright-voiced amps...
The Cobra is just as tight as a Powerball, and that's pretty much the tightest of the Engls.

TS: I can vouch for the awesome-ness of the Cobra, but I've never played the Rivera I'm afraid. The Engls are definitely worth considering. (Even though I disagree almost entirely with H4T3BR33D3R's evaluation)

'Twas ENGL Blackmore I believe.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
'Twas ENGL Blackmore I believe.

Ah, well the Blackmore is the darkest of the Engls I've tried, but still bright by most standards..
Quote by Nolly
Ah, well the Blackmore is the darkest of the Engls I've tried, but still bright by most standards..

I found it quite dark, then again I was comparing it to my Laney though, which is excessively bright.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I found it quite dark, then again I was comparing it to my Laney though, which is excessively bright.

Fair enough, see if you can try any of the other Engl heads and I think you'll find them considerably brighter. Something like a Powerball, Invader or Savage would be a great choice for the TS.
the most i could spend on a head is prolly about $2800. and thats pushing it im just interested in the K tre because its hard to find is supposed to have a super brutal distortion. im really not interested in engl's anymore though.
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amp:

None right now
randall Cab with V30's
Quote by Nolly
Fair enough, see if you can try any of the other Engl heads and I think you'll find them considerably brighter. Something like a Powerball, Invader or Savage would be a great choice for the TS.

I wouldn't mind! But you'd be hard pressed finding many of them over here. I only had the opportunity to try it because my father's co-worker owns one!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster