I've been in a band for a little over a month now, and we've done two demo tracks with an digitech 8 track, the production isn't very good because we're all new to recording and we did everything in a couple of tracks

anyway the songs can be found here www.myspace.com/durdenil

thanks for listening and any feedback, good or bad would be greatly appreciated and please if you have any ideas on how to record better it'd be appreciated but we only have one mic to do everything and eight tracks to record on
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
I actually liked it for the most part. Some parts sound out of time, and the first song 6 feet deep, sounded kinda really out of tune. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good man
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Yeah I know the timing is off, we play it in time well together but we recorded all of tracks seperate

Do you guys know of any tutorials or anything that might help us figure out a better order to record it?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
download audacity and edit the timing on that. its free to. just do a search on google. its real easy to find.

and as for recording, just go out and buy some cheap condenser mics. as many as you can plug into your recorder. (most small ones have two XLR inputs) but one thing to look for, make sure you check to see if your recorder has phantom power. if you buy mics that need it and your recorder doesnt have it you could get gipped. you might even lose money because of restocking fees some stores charge on returns.
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
well, its good first attempt at recording i suppose. ive never had to record with an 8 track so i dont know how difficult it is or any thing. I started recording with an mp3 player with my old band,Click here if you wanna hear the mp3s, im not sure its the right adress though. , that band is over cause they didnt want to go into a recording studio and record 4-5 songs for about 500 dollars, then i went to a comp mic and audacity, and now, i went and purchased about 700$ish worth of some basic recording equipment. Here for my most recent Recording....

okay, sorry about that crap.

I didnt really like the songs, but! the bad recordings just kinda threw me off and well, yeah, it sounds like you guys have a sound kinda. Are you using mics to record or do you go directly into the 8 track thing or what. if you use mics, i would set your best mic somewhere and just record you all playin a song and put that up there, just for me, so i can form a better opinion. the recordings just kinda make the sound not so good. sorry, i would appreciate if you would crit m solo project, the thread was that last link i sent you.

Good bye